A New Friendship

My mind had been so set on breaking the damn seal that I hadn't really thought of anything else.

Apart from classes with Samuel, I only focused on trying to move objects and yet I hadn't made much progress.

I had moved a vessel halfway I believe but it still wasn't enough for me.

Due to failing repeatedly at the task a large amount of frustration and anger was starting to overwhelm me and I was still nowhere even near giving up.

My plans however didn't look like they would be successful when someone decided to pay me a little visit while I trained.

I had been too concentrated on the vessel to notice a figure stop beside me.

"I suggest you stop."

I gasped out in surprise whirling around to notice my eldest brother towering over me and by the look on his face I was in deep trouble.

Now what did I do?

"But why-"

Dominic's eyes narrowed to slits and I instantly stopped my exhibit of objection.

I really ought to keep my mouth shut more often.

"You have been at it ever since we've got back." Dominic hissed and I bit my cheeks unable to deny nor accept the accusation. "You're overdoing it."

He wasn't exactly off point.

"I just want to break the seal," I muttered feeling stubborn and not wishing to stop my training.

"And I'm not going to stop you from doing that but at the rate, you're going, you might end up draining all your energy and passing out."

My eldest brother was calm and yet he had a chilling edge to his tone. One that I did not wish to challenge.

Before I could say anything further my brother interrupted me once again.

"Besides, you have a visitor looking for you." He said halting my resolute.

"A visitor?" I asked with a raised brow.

Who could it be?

"Come along now." Dominic simply said as he walked away not giving away a single clue on the mystery visitor.

I scratched my palms nervously, wondering just who this might be but I didn't seem to be forming any sort of identity in my head.

It could be Kai for all I know but I had heard that he had been posted on patrol duty all thanks to the mage problem.

Which probably meant it wasn't him.

I frowned in confusion.

Then who else could possibly be visiting me?

Dominic led me away from the palace grounds to what could be called the Place's hall room, where a ginger-haired demoness stood, her lustrous eyes looking alert and rather afraid.

It took me a second to realize who it was.

"Edith!" I gasped out loud for all the hall to hear while also startling the young demoness who whirled in our direction.

"Your highness!" Edith's face immediately altered into a full-blown relieved smile.

When she noticed my brother, she immediately curtsied.

"Glory upon the kingdom." She said formally. "I am honoured to have been summoned by your majesty."

Summoned?