Brother Wars

"Where's Kai?"

"He doesn't need to stand guard since you're with me."

"Okay." I simply nod letting the silence stretch.

"Helen."

I purposely don't answer.

"Sage."

I looked at Christian with the same glare as I sat down.

"You're still mad?"

"What does it look like?" I grumbled the irritation evident on my face.

"You're still mad," Christian muttered with a sigh.

"You could have detached my arms!"

"And I apologized for it." My brother said. "I'll do it again if you want."

My anger instantly crumbled when I saw Christian's deflated face.

My brothers really do know how to have their way.

"Alright alright," I whispered with a frown. "I'm not mad."

"Really?" Christian smirked knowing he had the upper hand here.

"You made that face on purpose." I accused dryly.

"Because I knew it would work." He responded with a chuckle and a wink.

"Can't argue with that," I muttered shaking my head as the other two of my brothers entered.

"What am I getting called for?" Aiden muttered as grumpy as ever.

"This must be the first time a King is getting summoned," Dominic mutters and I shoot him an amused smile which he returns when he sits down.

"So what is it, Sage?" Christian asks slumping back in his chair. "Why summon us all together?"

"I have two things I'd like to talk about," I state the agenda for summoning them to the dining hall. "The first one being the Ball."

All three of my brothers exchange knowing looks.

"What about it?" Aiden says pretending to be clueless much to my irritation.

"I need a dance partner."

All three Devils before me smirked.

This should be interesting.

"And obviously all three of you happen to be potential candidates," I grumbled feeling a little embarrassed.

I was never the one to ask someone to be my partner to a dance. At school dances, I mainly chose Viola to tag along with me.

"Unfortunately I don't know which one of you I can choose," I mutter knowing well enough that if I pick any one of them, the others will automatically feel betrayed and I am not starting beef with my own brothers, especially not when I know they are capable of throwing me off a cliff. "So I'm hoping you decide amongst yourselves and let me know, that is if you don't already have dates for-"

"I don't have a date." All three of them cut me off consequently and I raise a brow.

"Right." I acknowledge dryly. "So which one of you will I be partnering with?"

"I mean your first dance will be with me." Dominic states in a matter of fact tone which causes an instant uproar.

I didn't even get a chance to convey my surprise before Christian and Aiden began yelling out their disapproval.

"I beg your fucking pardon?" I wince hearing Christian swear.

"Says who?!" Adian lashed out after him.