The Truth

Now usually if I knew my friend well she would mostly fawn over practically anyone with good looks.

However, that did not seem like the case today.

Viola was glaring daggers at my brother who stood at the end of the room smiling at her politely while exchanging uneasy looks with me probably wondering why he was being greeted so very warmly.

"So you're the one who took her away from us," Viola growled her hostility radiating off in waves.

Oh boy...

"Viola..." I chuckled nervously while shooting my brother an apologetic look. "It's not like that."

"You stay out of this." My best friend snapped her nostrils flaring in irritation. "I'm talking to him not you. I will deal with you later.

I swallowed, immediately holding my hands up in surrender.

Only a fool would argue with her when she gets mad.

"We were in a hurry." My brother said astounded by my friends lack of warmness. His response to her accusation which sounded to be rather poor encouraged Viola even more.

"And you didn't think it was necessary to at least let us say a proper goodbye?" She snarled and my brother suddenly started regretting his decision in accompanying me.

In his mind, he might think that Dominic would be more equipped to deal with this but I consider Dominic himself to be incapable to argue with someone as hotheaded as Viola.

Heaven knows I've failed miserably for the past six years.

"I apologize for that," Christian said torn between sounding sincere and slipping out the door.

"Your apology isn't going to change everything you've put her parents through." She hissed looking at him as though she might just stab him.

"Christian I think it's better if you just wait outside," I suggested quickly before the matter escalated further and Viola ends up chasing my brother with a steak knife.

"Yeah, I think I would prefer that too." My brother didn't even hang around another second before backing away.

I groaned lowly under my breath.

He clearly wasn't warming up to Viola any better than she was.

"Well." Viola huffed retreating to the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water.

"You're angry," I muttered knowing my friend well enough to read her temper.

"You think?!" She asked with narrowed eyes at me from across the room.

"Viola I didn't-" I began my tone pleading but the woman in front of me was too stubborn to listen.

"Do you know how miserable I felt?" My friend's voice suddenly turned hoarse as her eyes became watery.

I took in a sharp breath watching her calm herself down and drinking the contents of the glass.

Viola never cried.

"Viola I didn't go willingly," I said biting my cheeks as I took a step towards her. "You know I wouldn't leave you and my parents like that."

"Sorry." She muttered after a moment of silence and I immediately laid my palm on her shoulder to comfort her. "I've been in a bad mood."

"I thought so." I smiled kindly and she squeezed my palm. "And I even deserve it to a certain point."

Viola shook her head.

"I thought I'd never get to see you again," Viola said with pursed lips.

"Don't be stupid," I grumbled giving her a slight punch to the shoulder. "You know I wouldn't let that happen."

"You better not." She grumbled threateningly and I shot her a smile.

She looked at me for a moment again and sighed. She let go of my hand gently before walking to her front door and opening it.

"You can come inside now," Viola said rudely but at the same time not as aggressive as before.

I chuckled as Christian walked in unsure.

"I can stand outside." He offered gently but Viola shut the door locking it before he said anything further.

"Would you like some tea?" She asked him or rather demanded.

"If it's not much of a trouble..." My brother said hesitant to say yes.

"What trouble?" Viola snorted as she walked to the kitchen without sparing him another glance. "It's just tea."

Christian swallowed as he walked to me.

"Your friend has quite a temper." He muttered with a displeased expression while also sending uneasy glances at Viola hoping she doesn't hear him.

"You have no idea." I chuckled pitying him.

Christian, whose charms were relatively prominent failed to have an effect on Viola's temper. Being a prince my brother must be used to being treated with a little more respect but Viola's hostile side had caught him off guard.

It took Viola some time in the kitchen so Christian and I remained standing until she brought a tray with three cups of tea.

"So..." Viola exhaled as she seated herself on the sofa comfortably ignoring my brother's presence as she looked directly at me. "Am I getting an explanation or what?"

"It's a long story." I seated myself opposite to her and gestured my brother to sit down.

"You can sit." Viola hissed haughtily startling my brother even further. "I'm not going to bite you."

I sighed massaging my temple and sending Viola warning glares to indicate that she was being too rude.

"Thank you," Christian being the gentleman he was muttered quietly as he picked up the cup I offered him. I almost pitied him for having to bear Viola's unfiltered bluntness.

Viola nodded before turning back to me.

"Now you." She glared at me. "Start talking."

I sighed. Her anger would not diminish until and unless I give her the truth.

There was no other way around it.

So be it.

"As you can see I found my biological family." I gestured to my brother who had zipped his mouth not wanting the provoke my violent friend further. "But things are a little bit more complicated than it seems which is why I left without saying goodbye."

"Meaning?" Viola raised her brow at me as she picked up her own cup.

I bit my lips in frustration.

She was going to think I was crazy...but how else was I supposed to explain.

"This is going to sound strange." I began slowly as I glanced at my brother who squeezed my palm encouragingly.

"So?" Viola pressed even more, disapproving the fact that I was hesitating.

I took in a deep breath summoning some courage before I opened my mouth.

Here goes nothing...

"I'm not human."

With frightened eyes, I scanned my best friends face waiting for her to raise a brow at me or call me crazy or get angry for insulting her intelligence.

However, none of those things happened.

My best friend searched my face intently for a moment or two before taking a sip of tea.

"So you finally found out."

I could feel Christian stiffen next to me as I blinked.

What?

Hope you all like this chapter. Comment your thoughts and don't forget to leave a vote. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to update the next chapter soon :)