Bonus Chapter

The door closed sharply and the silhouette in the darkness adjusts its claws smoothly hardly making any noise.

It's golden eyes still trained on the door, it stretched its neck to get rid of the soreness from the endless day of flight. Flying the entire day and following the girl's every step wasn't something it was used to.

The cracking of the branch positioned directly above, slightly raised the bird's alertness for potential danger but relaxed when an elegant jet black feline with identical golden eyes ascended down and gradually settled itself comfortably next to the massive bird.

"Is it her?"

The bird paused before nodding, its shiny black beak reflecting the light from the streetlamp.

"How can we be sure?" The black feline's tail moved two and fro in frequent motion.

"I overheard a rather interesting conversation with her mother." The bird kept gazing at the closed door not bothering to acknowledge the cat next to it.

"She has brown eyes." The feline's claw slightly scratched against the harsh surface of the branch. "She should be having our eye color."

"Stop that." The bird's talon swiftly pinched the felines tale forcing it to halt its scraping. "You'll attract unnecessary attention."

"Always so prudent." The feline rolled its eyes then after pausing for a moment, "You didn't respond to my previous statement."

"Concealed I believe. Just like her powers and aura."

"What about Aiden?"

"What about that idiot?" The Bird addressed the feline with irritated eyes.

"Shouldn't you inform him?" The cat let out a lazy yawn to convey its tiredness for being used as a tracker.

"So that he can create trouble?" The large raven shook its head exasperatedly. "We'll tell him when it's the right time."

"If that's how it is, however you better take complete accountability for it when he blows over." The cat pushed itself into a sitting position. "I'm not ending another fight between the two of you."

The wind blew a lot faster and the leaves above rustled loudly. The dried ones carried away by the gusts force.

"I don't expect you to." The golden eyes flashed with good humor before fading back into seriousness.

"After all these years..." The feline trained its eyes back to the door, it's eyes holding potent emotions within. "We finally found her."

The silhouette of the female figure illuminated by the light inside fell across the silk curtain as she picked up something that looked like a wine glass.

"She's rather sharp." The bird turned momentarily towards the black cat. "She's already wary of me."

The shadow of the figure gradually faded as the girl walked away from the windows and shut off the lights.

"Well, you certainly haven't been subtle with your approach either." The cat settled lazily against the trunk of the tree. "You haven't left her side for a minute."

There was a short pause after which,

"I've lost her once."

The cat caught slightly off guard twisted it's head to the bird their eyes meeting for a brief moment, the latter's tone and gaze that of obligation.

"It's better if it never happens again."

The cat stared at the bird for a moment longer than necessary before gradually nodding its head and laying back with its eyes closed.

"Do you think she will remember?"

The bird paused momentarily before shaking its head slowly. "Mother must have erased all of the prior recollections to protect her."

The cat let out something between a groan and a sigh, "This is going to be difficult."

"Without a doubt."

"When do you plan on taking her back?" The cat stretched its paws lazily.

"Not during daylight." The bird's demeanor shifted. "Too many humans."

"You do realize that she isn't exactly going to welcome us with open arms, right?" The Cat opened its eyes momentarily.

A humourous chuckle resounded as an evil glint crossed the giant Raven's golden eyes.

"That's the fun of it."

The cat groaned.