War Of Words

"What's wrong?" I questioned when the Noble failed to respond. "You seem very surprised."

Everybody in the room had their eyes glued to me, wide and full of astonishment.

Kai looked torn between amazement and surprise while I heard the Advisor chuckle lightly from behind me.

"How dare you!" The Noble slammed his hands on the table, standing up and toppling his chair backwards due to the sudden and intense movement.

Merida instantly stepped ahead with her sword drawn.

Even the Noble family's heads were on their feet.

"How dare I what?" I asked leaning my face on the base of my palms, my smile widening.

I gestured towards Merida and everybody else to stand back with a dismissive wave of the hand.

My bodyguard though very reluctant clanged her sword back nosily in its scabbard.

"I am a pureblood! A high ranking Noble! I will not have you sit there and insult me!" If it was possible the arrogant Noble seemed to turn a darker shade of red with rage while his other two companions tried to calm him.

Clearly, they had caught on to the situation earlier than their foolish and prideful friend.

"Insult?" I chuckled humourlessly.

I would really like to throw the candle stand at his smug face.

My smile dropped as I rose from my seat my anger coming off in waves as I glared at the red demon.

"It's funny how you talk about being insulted when you sitting in front of so many witnesses openly mocked the royal princess, indirectly insulting the King who appointed me in charge. So do tell me, sir, just who should be the one saying the words how dare you?"

My words seemed to have registered in his arrogant brain for the raging Noble was suddenly unable to speak back while the other two Noble's turned pale.

"Princess he didn't mean to-" One of the other Noble's began but I cut him off.

"Royal Advisor," I called out still not dropping my glare.

"Yes, your highness?" Samuel responded at once pushing back his spectacles.

"What are the consequences of disrespecting the royal family?" I asked bluntly.

"That would be a death penalty, your grace." The old man stated calmly.

I flash the noble a sweet smile.

"Then it would seem, kind sir, that despite your initial surprise, you do seem to have a death wish."

"I-" The Noble swallowed trying to regain his composure but I decided I'd rather not give him a chance.

"What's your name?" I questioned with pursed lips.

"What?" The Noble hesitated glancing at his companions.

"I asked for your name," I repeated patiently.

The Noble looked suspicious but decided it would only be safe to respond than refuse to answer.

"Trevino."

"Thank you," I said before turning towards my bodyguard.

The red-haired demoness glanced at me the enjoyment in her eyes noticeable.

I smiled at her.

"Merida please call the guards and have Sir Trevino escorted out of the palace." I politely commanded before taking back my seat.