Seperation

I sealed the letter by stamping firmly on the hot wax.

I let out a breath of relief as I glanced back at the letter that had arrived from Edith along with a box of candy.

The ladies had all been safely escorted away from the danger and though a few did sustain certain injuries, nobody had lost their life.

I glanced at Merida who stood at the end of my room.

Her right hand was bandaged and hooked to her shoulder due to a slight crack in her bones but the Royal Physician had assured it would recover completely.

"Your majesty," Merida spoke up when she noticed my gaze on her. "If you are finished we need to get going."

Ah yes.

A brief pang of uneasiness crept up.

I stood up with a half-hearted smile as Merida took the lead.

I would say it's probably been quite a few months since I met my brothers.
Time had passed away quicker than I had imagined and before I even knew it I'm finding myself in this position.
A position where I couldn't bring myself to understand just when I had started seeing them as my brothers. Just when I had started accepting them as family.
Yes, they were intimidating, bossy and annoying but I would never have let myself believe in the past that I would actually grow closer to them.

The way I had now.

Viola was right.

I had grown fond of them. A little too fond.

Moreover now with Helen's memories, I could only grow fonder.

And this would be the first time I would be separated from them.

I exhaled feeling disheartened knowing that the future held no better outcome than the present situation.

"So you came."

I gazed at Christian's smiling face as we reached his room.

"Still packing?" I asked watching him.

"Just a little bit to go." He responded with a displeased look.

"I'm going to miss you," I said trying to maintain my tone and not sound like a lost puppy but my brother saw right through me.

"You don't have to worry so much Sage." Christian gave me a gentle smile. "I will be back very soon."

"I know," I whispered offering a small smile back.

"And yet you still look worried." Christian stopped trying to pack his luggage and came to stand before me.
"Everything will be alright."

"Will it?" I exhaled uneasily.

My brother frowned studying my wrecked state.

"You overthink too much you know." He said.

"No, I think the right amount." I disagreed. "I just don't want you to leave."

Christian gave me a gentle smile before grabbing my arm and placing a chaste kiss on the back of my hand.

"Fine then, for your sake, I will speed up the process. I will go to Alloria, find an antidote for Dominic as soon as I can and rush back home. I give you my word as your brother."

I pursed my lips, my throat lodging with anxiety.

"I'm just not happy about you and Aiden leaving," I admitted silently looking down at him.

"I know." Christian sighed looking as unhappy as I did for a moment. "But we don't have a choice little one. We've got to set everything right."

"Yes." I nodded before scowling with bitterness. "But it still doesn't seem fair."