Chaos

I stared at the man in front of me flabbergasted.

"Your eyes," I whispered stretching as far away from him as I could.

"Calm down Sage." The man held up his hands in surrender. "I am not here to hurt you.

"And how exactly do you expect me to believe that?" I hissed lowly.

I think I might be losing my mind.

"If I really did intend to hurt you I would have done it by now." The male answered calmly.

I didn't respond still frozen to the core by the turn of events, continuing to scrutinize him with distrustful eyes.

The man pursed his lips at my hostility and exhaled.

"Here." He threw me my cell phone which I caught instinctively.

"If you still think I'm here to harm you then you can call for help." The man paused as he rubbed his neck. "Or we can both sit down and talk about this calmly. The choice is yours."

I stared at my phone and then back at the stranger.

This man could possibly be a psychopath or maybe even a murderer.

There was another brief flash of lightning and my window rattled from the prevailing winds.

Now a normal person would immediately rush to dial the first number they'd see for help.

I bit my lips nervously.

But I never really fit into the normal category, now, did I?

The man's lips twitched into a smug smile as he watched me gently push back my phone into the depths of my pocket.

"You need to answer my question's first," I mumbled crossing my arms.

The strange man's smile turned amused as he nodded in response.

"Who are you?" I asked the first question that popped into my mind as I gazed into his golden eyes.

"My name is Dominic." The man said his calculating eyes evaluating my expression as he spoke. "And like I said earlier, you're my sister."

"You drop into my house without an invitation and now you're supposed to be my brother?" I asked in disbelief.

He really can't be expecting me to buy this...

"Not supposed to be." The man said raising his jaw which strangely managed to make him look more intimidating. "I am your brother."

This guy is crazy and I'm even dumber for not calling the cops while I had the chance.

"I don't-"

The breaking of a flowerpot interrupted my speech and we simultaneously turned our heads to the window.

What now?

Drops of water trickled down to the ends of its drenched black fur and upon my carpet as the black cat slid in through the half-shut window and dropped to the floor with ease, its golden eyes moving curiously around the hall before settling on me.

My lips parted in surprise as I recognized the mischievous gaze.

The black cat from the desk.

"What took you so long?" Dominic turned to the cat in irritation.

I gazed at the man in front of me questioning his sanity even more now. He was after all talking to a cat.