Preperations

"A tea party?"

Dominic set down the papers he was signing earning a frustrated sigh from Samuel.

The old man really didn't appreciate the pile of unfinished files sitting on the desk.

"Yes." I nodded with folded arms.

After chatting further with Edith I believed her idea could surely be useful and so as soon as she decided to head back home, I barged into Dominic's workroom.

My brother looked deep in thought, neither against my idea nor did he seem completely fine with it.

"And where are you planning to hold it?" Dominic asked out of curiosity.

"I think the dining room would be perfectly fine."

"You don't have to do this, Helen." My eldest brother muttered with a frown.

"But being socially active is one of the roles a princess should play," I responded with a frown of my own, and Samuel gave me a nod of agreement.

"Though that is true," Dominic nodded his head as well. "You don't have to force yourself to do anything. It's alright if you don't want to play all the roles of a princess."

"Dominic." I began my tone turning so firm that for a moment I sounded exactly like him. "I want to do this. You've always tried to keep me away from all of this and I really appreciate it but I have to start acting like a princess because I want to help you in any way that I can and sitting around idle isn't helping."

Dominic studied me for a solid minute before he lifted his lips into a smirk, which surprised me momentarily.

It was rare to catch my eldest brother looking amused.

"Very well then." Dominic leaned back in his chair. "Permission granted I suppose."

"Really?" I asked feeling rather excited.

"If it's something you want, I will not stop you." My eldest brother nodded in confirmation. "I'll just have someone go and procure the things you will need for it."

"Oh," I said a little hesitant but my brother seemed to have noticed the change.

"What is it?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Well," I said playing with my fingers. "I was hoping if I could go get it."

Dominic and Samuel exchanged similar looks of disapproval.

"You can't go by yourself, Helen," Dominic said his tone leaving no room for arguments but I still refused to back down.

"But-"

"The Town isn't safe." My brother interrupted with a stern gaze.

"But I'll have Merida with me! Please?" I requested meekly. "I've always wanted to visit."

"Visit what?" Christian asked as the door shuts.

"Where are you planning to go?" Aiden asked looking suspicious.

Oh great. As if Dominic wasn't enough.

"Helen wants to hold a tea party," Dominic explains on my behalf.

"You're holding a tea party?" Christian asked surprised.

I smile nodding.

"That sounds like fun." My most decent brother winked at me with a pat on my head.

"And she wants to go to town by herself to buy items," Dominic added as he signed a few parchments changing both my brother's demeanour almost instantly.