Lessons

I felt the wind play with the strands of my hair and I snuggled myself further into the pillow, as several voices broke through my boundary of unconsciousness.

"When did she fall asleep?" A male voice asked.  

"A few moments after she returned your majesty." A female responded, her tone rather fearful.

"So two hours at the most?" Another male voice piped up.

"I reckon so." The previous voice approved. 

I groaned feeling rather irritated for being woken up.

God can't a girl get some sleep without any interruptions?

I blinked forcing my eyelids to flutter open but then snapping them shut instantly when the bright light pierced my sensitive and half-asleep eyes.

"Are you awake?"

The voice seeming rather close to me jostled me awake in surprise and I looked up to see Dominic's face peering down his lips set in a grim line.

"What does it look like?" I croaked out closing my eyes whilst wrapping the blanket more securely around me to keep the warm air in and the cold air out. 

I yelped and my eyes flew wide open when something cold met my forehead. It took me a moment to realize it was only Dominic's hand.

Seeing my surprised eyes he cleared his throat and looked away.

Was he checking up on me?

"She's fine." He muttered walking back to Merida who looked at me with concern and Christian who was lazily leaning against the door.

"Of course I am." I huffed as the surprise faded. "I just fell asleep for god's sake."

"Well now that you're awake I suggest you change your clothes and wear this." Dominic passed Merida something that from a distance looked like a pant and a shirt. "They used to be mine and I think it will fit you."

My eyes widened just at the idea of wearing Dominic's clothes.

"We'll have the royal seamstress sew you some that will fit," Christian added seeing the expression on my face.

"But you want me to wear pants and  shirts?" I asked surprised.

Christian smirked looking over at Dominic.

I thought woman here were only allowed to wear dresses.

"Would you rather wear the gown and be uncomfortable throughout your lessons?" My eldest brother questioned his brows raised and I strangely felt grateful to him for understanding.

"Thank you," I said reluctantly torn between being angry for his previous behaviour and being polite for his kind gesture.

"Don't mention it." He answered indifferently, exiting the room with Christian leaving me looking at their backs.

I smiled sliding off the bed.

Maybe they weren't so bad after all.

                              ***

I take back what I said...

"You want me to what?!"

Aiden smirked down at me as he pointed to the vase placed on a small stand a few metres away.

"Move the vase without touching it."

We were on the palace grounds, just a few feet away on the right were the thick and thorned barriers and on the left Christian leaned against the wall of the palace corridor while Dominic stood next to him with folded arms.