The King

This is not my room.

I pushed my back against the beautifully carved antique iron headboard, one that most definitely wasn't furnished in my house.

That's right.

I took in a shaky breath of air.

Three men. Devil. Golden eyes. Passing out.

I groaned as the sunlight hit me in the eye making it water. The long glass windows to a spherical balcony lay open to my right.

Whose room is this?

I looked around.

The walls were all made of grey stones, and they were tall. Too tall for a house or an apartment, lanterns and lamps were placed occasionally in the large room and it was cold. A little too cold compared to the warm sunny temperature back at home. I pulled up the comforter to cover myself. I noticed that I'm wearing the same clothes from my parent's visit, except it was no longer wet.

"Glad to see you're finally awake." I turned to the balcony still seeing colours because of the bright light as the figure I later recognize as Dominic walks in, this time wearing a long-sleeved white shirt, with some kind of sleeveless additional garment over it.

What outfit was that supposed to be?

"How are you feeling?" He folded the sleeves upwards to free his arms a little more, completely ignoring the confusion on my face.

"Where am I?"

Dominic's face remained impassive as he pulled up a chair and seated himself gracefully, facing my bed.

"Home." He answered calmly.

"This isn't my house." I hissed shooting him a deathly glare. "Where have you taken me?!"

Dominic chuckled as he leaned back into the chair, but his expression didn't imply any sort of amusement whatsoever making me shiver internally.

"This is your world, Helen."

I blinked.

"What did you just call me?"

"Helen," Dominic repeated. "That's your birth name."

"My name is Sage." I snapped my eyes blazing.

"Maybe in the human world, but not here." Dominic smiled in response. "You are Helen and that's how you will be addressed henceforth."

The screech of some animal diverted my glare to the open window.

I glanced between him and the door.

Where exactly has he brought me?

Sliding my legs out of the comforter, I gingerly made my way to the balcony.

Dominic followed my movements with his calculating eyes but didn't bother to stand up.

Hesitant and alert of every corner I shivered when the cold air hit me in the face as I walked through the glass doors.

My lips parted in sheer awe.

What is this place?

Massive branches with thorns protruding from every inch of its surface surrounded the ground bellow like a wall caging everyone in and blocking everyone out.

But the view above could hardly be described properly in words.

I felt my breath being knocked away as I gazed open-mouthed at the neverending lush green hills in front of me. Waterfalls could be spotted clearly, roaring down the tall hills and into crystal clear rivers, adorned by rainbows that seemed to stretch for miles.