A Messenger From Heaven

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before."

I fidgeted with my palms nervously.

My brothers didn't say a word only making me feel more anxious.

"I just wasn't sure whether it was a trap," I whispered.

"I can't say I'm not disappointed that you didn't choose to confide in me."

I flinched at Dominic's response.

"However, I do appreciate your concern." My eldest brother sighed.

"But when things like this happen, trap or otherwise." Christian continued grimly. "You should tell us."

I bit my cheeks feeling like a child.

"I just thought I could handle it on my own," I muttered feeling a little dejected.

Aiden who was leaning against Dominic's table grunted.

"We're not saying you're incapable of working on it." He grumbled. "We just don't want you to hide it from us. We want you to notify us about these things, especially during such times. Even if you feel it could be a trap for us, you must tell us. We're a team. We may perform our tasks individually but in the end, all our outcomes will only support each other."

"He's right." Dominic approved glancing at Aiden with a sense of pride in his eyes. "We won't stop you from doing what you want. If you wish to uncover whether Mertoff's words were true or not, you are free to do so. It will be dangerous no doubt but everyone in this household is deemed capable of handling hardships irrespective of age or gender."

I smiled a little flustered by their words.

That's right.

I was one of them.

They were ready to trust me with this.

"I promise to report everything from now on." I nodded feeling happy.

"Good." My eldest brother nodded while Christian smiled.

"Hang on. I'm not done yet."

I turned to Aiden perplexed.

"It's true that you're smarter than most," He muttered, his face severe. "But being smart isn't enough. So I need you to practice your abilities and polish them. Despite what Dominic said I won't let you go anywhere dangerous until I think you're ready. Although you've broken the seal you still need to get used to your abilities once more since you haven't used them in the past six years. So until you show me how well prepared you are with them, you will stick to your normal routine."

"But-" I began looking at Christian and Dominic.

"This decision isn't up for discussion." Aiden snapped. "And don't look at those two for help. They won't get you out of it. I'm still your older brother and I'm the most decent among the three of us when it comes to combat. Hence I have a say in it and unless you have my approval you're going nowhere."

Christian frowned but Dominic stayed quiet and impassive.

I swallowed uneasily.

Sometimes when he gets very serious it's difficult to differentiate between Aiden and Dominic.

"I don't care who said what." My brother continued his gaze sharp. "You will only be allowed when I can be certain you are prepared."

"Okay," I whispered feeling nervous.

"You can train until you want but when you're done I will test you," Aiden announced.

I bit the insides of my cheeks with anxiety.