S1: Odd sightings

"What are you thinking about?"

"Hm?" I snapped out of my skeptical thoughts turning to face the blonde next to me as she shot me a glare of irritation.

"Really Sage?" Viola arched her perfectly curved brow in disbelief. "I've been calling your name for the past five minutes."

"I'm sorry about that," I muttered distractedly still sweeping my eyes over the tall oak tree standing across the street.

I could swear that I spotted something there moments ago.

"Hello? Earth to Sage?"

Viola poked my arm gently to capture my disturbed attention.

"What?" She questioned following my gaze to the tree. "What the heck are you looking for in that tree?"

I exhaled shaking my head as I scratched my neck restlessly. "It's nothing. Just a weird thought."

"You're acting rather strange today Sage." Viola gave me a once over before sipping her drink. "You sure you're okay?"

"I don't know to be honest," I responded dryly taking a bite of the delicious cheesecake not able to quite enjoy its taste. "Today has been rather weird."

"How so?" Viola asked curiously stealing a bite from my cake.

"There's this bird..." I began trailing off and shooting another glance at the tree.

"A bird?" My best friend repeated slightly confused.

"Yes." I nod my head trying to channel my jumbled thoughts into rational words that made sense. "I saw this unusual bird when I walked out of my house today."

Viola nodded still looking perplexed but urging me to continue nonetheless.

"I'm not really sure of how to describe it." I furrowed my brows as I tried to picture it. "It was the size of an eagle but all black like a raven and it had these really beautiful golden eyes."

"Well, that is a very unusual bird." Viola scrunched up her temple as she looked at me. "As big as an eagle and the color of a raven? I certainly haven't seen such a bird like that here."

"Right?" I mused deep in thought.

"It's probably a migratory bird." Viola continued shrugging.

"But it isn't the right season for that yet," I muttered taking another bite.

Viola shot me another vexed look.

"It's just a bird for god's sake Sage. It could have just lost its way and wound up here." She rolled her eyes whilst shaking her head. "Why the heck are you so worked up about some bird anyways?"

"Because I think it's been following me."

Viola paused as she drew back her spoon momentarily to blink at me.