A Dream From The Past

"What you mean war?" I felt breathless as I followed him into a small circular room, smaller than all the other ones I had been to.

"What do you think it means?" Dominic straightened up as he went to stand by the balcony.

"I-" I stuttered probably looking wild with my eyes wide and mouth open.
"But why?!"

Dominic exhaled as he turned to me his face completely composed.

"You don't have to worry about it."

"Don't have to worry about it?!" I cried out in outrage. "How do you expect me to not worry when it's about me?!"

"Helen-"

"No," I growled in anger. "Don't Helen me! I've had enough with your secrets. Now I want the truth."

"That-"

I cut my brother off again harshly.

"Tell me what happened six years ago."

Dominic looked remotely surprised with my outburst and he raised his brow daring me to talk back once again.

Silence enveloped us and I bit my lips suddenly realizing that I was talking to my eldest brother, not to mention the king.

"Okay." I took in a deep breath clearing my anxious thoughts. "I'm sorry. That was rude."

When Dominic looked away instead of replying, I sought to try once again.

"Look I want to know what happened." I pleaded being as polite as I could. "I just want to know."

Dominic exhaled looking like he was contemplating whether or not it's necessary to tell me.

"I will not tell you everything." He finally said. "But I will tell you some part of it and that's it."

I opened my mouth wanting to argue then paused knowing that if I was too stubborn I wouldn't even be able to find out the little part of the truth.

Something is better than nothing after all and so I nodded my head.

"Many years ago." Dominic looked straight ahead his jaw set tight. "Our father was one of the best rulers Hell had ever seen. He was fair, maybe a little too fair at times. A great ruler as he was, his haters still found what they called flaws. He treated all demons, pure-blooded or not with equal respect which instilled anger among many."

I nodded wanting to know more.

"Our father would have been overthrown for his unique ways hadn't he managed to join hands with Angel's which was much appreciated by everyone because after that hell and heaven finally fell into ease with each other."

My brows furrowed as I could quite literally see the anger radiating off my eldest brother.

"His popularity among demons and angels alike however created envy among some," Dominic exhaled his rigid stance not relaxing. "And those backstabbers who sought to take the throne by force, attacked the castle on your twelfth birthday."

Dominic turned as he watched all colours leaving my face. My chest felt constricted and my breath came out shaky. The overwhelming ache in my heart only increased creating a suffocating feeling around me.

Pain. I was feeling pain. Mixed with burning anger, as though a suppressed part of me was waking up.

This sudden swirl of emotions was causing my head to ache. It started slow, hitting my temple and then fading. Every time the pain hit my head it only got worse and I pressed the insides of my cheeks trying to ignore it.