The News

This time when I landed back on the ground Christian had his hands placed firmly on my shoulders supporting me so that I don't fall again.

"You good?" He asked once I felt the nauseousness disappear.

"Yes, I am." I nodded giving him a small smile but he frowned.

"You don't look alright." He commented.

I was fine physically but inside I couldn't let go of the fact that I had said goodbye to my family.

"I'm okay." I dismissed shortly not wanting to talk about it, but my brother didn't let it go.

"Sage-"

The door to the room flung open to reveal my bodyguard standing with a grim face.

"My prince. My lady." She addressed us respectively her facial expression not loosening.

"Oh hey Merida," I called out waving, but my bodyguard only nodded stiffly.

My older brother reading the sudden tension in the room unlike me let one of his hand fall off my shoulders while wrapping the other one more firmly around my hips.

I tensed in Christian's arm as I felt the atmosphere thicken.

Something was seriously wrong.

"What is it?"

"You two have been requested to report to the palace grounds," Merida replied.

Christian kept bombarding my guard with different questions, as we made our way through the maze of corridors passing the palace guards who as per usual were stoned to their positions, but Merida didn't bend.

"Merida that's an order." My brother's patience finally snapped and he came to a halt pulling me back with him. "Tell me what's going on."

"And that's an order I can't follow," Merida replied turning to us briefly. "The king's order always overrules yours, I'm afraid."

"Wait so Dominic doesn't want us to know?" I asked feeling more confused and impatient by the passing moment.

"Yes," Merida said hastily. "Now if you would please follow me. We must not keep the king waiting."

Was it the Nobles again?

I shivered briefly remembering their cold lifeless eyes.

"What do you think this is about?" I whispered to my brother who frowned as we began walking again.

"I'm not sure but it's not something pleasant by the expression on your guard's face," Christian grumbled before looking down at me with a severe expression. "Whatever happens stay behind me if I tell you to, clear?"

"Okay." I nodded concern etched across my face as my brother gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Don't worry too much." He said. "I'll be right next to you."

I smiled half-heartedly as my anxious heart began to race when we reached.

I could already see the figure of both my brothers sitting under the roofed gazebo as we made our way.

I let out a sigh of relief when I spotted no one else around them. No nobles in sight either.

Thank the lord.

I felt Christian grow uneasy as we finally stepped into the structure and I think I could tell why.

I had never seen Aiden look as irritated as he did now. One could in a more amusing situation picture steam wafting out his ears. Dominic on the other hand looked as dignified and serene as ever not to my surprise.