Titan

For once nausea did not hit me as we landed.

I guess one could get used to the unpleasant feeling after a few tries.

Taking the portal had been in our best interest due to the delicate time limit.

I looked up to find huge towers extending high above.

We were finally here.

Titan.

City of the protectors.

I pursed my lips grimly.

I had two reason's in mind for coming here.

The first would be Hydra.

And the second...

Was to test Mertoff's words.

Since I was here I might as well check for something suspicious.

"Welcome to the castle of Titan, Princess." Kai startled me as he smiled at me. "My home."

"It's beautiful," I whispered looking around.

We certainly were inside the fortress, with the protective walls built around it blocking the rest of the half-destroyed city away.

Even so, the smell of ash and burning lingered in the air.

"We're on the castle ward. The main entrance is that way." Kai pointed in the opposite direction where I could make out distant figures approaching.

I looked around trying to take in the neat structure.

I was expecting to be in front of the city gates instead of the palace directly but I suppose it was more convenient and safe to teleport inside the palace walls than outside to avoid suspicious eyes and in this case a fire breathing dragon.

The commander who seemed familiar with the grounds seem to have no issues taking the lead with Micheal.

He was analysing the ground looking for threats I suppose.

"Before we go inside." Kai pulled me aside gently his tone suddenly grim. "I didn't get the time to have a word with you due to the panicked preparations so I'm afraid I will have to do this in haste."

Merida also stopped looking at me questioningly but I waved my hand dismissively asking her to give us some space.

"What is it?" I questioned confused.

It's true that because such a big threat had been sprung upon us, the palace had been swept away by chaos. While I had hurried off to contact the marine minister for help, Kai had left to ready the army with the Commander.

"There's something you must be prepared for since you're here. My subjects though good at heart may come off to you as..."

He hesitated looking torn between continuing and dreading my reaction.

"Harsh?" I guessed with a smile. "Because I'm a royal?"

Kai pursed his lips as he looked at me with sincere eyes.

"Irrespective of that I swear I will not let anyone disrespect you, Princess." He swore, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "It's just that-"

"Your father was a great ruler beloved by his subjects and my brother is responsible for his death." I cut him off again.

I knew what kind of welcome to expect way ahead of time.

I wasn't naive enough to think that my presence would be well received.

The moment I decided to take this mission I knew Titan would not accept me with the warmness I get back at home.

And not without reason.