Chapter 8: WORK

After I got rid of the targets with my riggings. 

The text box appeared and it said:

Getting used to floating on water 

Your wisdom cube allows you to be able to walk on water as if there where solid ground underneath you. This can be very disorienting because of what it may look like. This part of training allows you to get accustomed to the waters that you will be fighting on. 

(Once completing this task, you will be able to move onto the next part of this tutorial.) 

"This...this is gonna suck."

MANY HOURS LATER

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was that I was in someone's bedroom. I took a few seconds to collect my thoughts.

"Did I absorb the cube?" I asked myself.

"Yes you did." I looked over to the side of my bed and I saw Belfast sitting on the side of the bed.

I sighed "You never told me that I would have to go through all of that training." 

"Well I was going to tell you but you just went ahead and touched the cube." Belfast pouted

"Well-" Belfast cut me off

 "You know you could of been badly hurt if something went wrong in there."

"Of course I didn't know that. Anyways, how long was I out for?"

"Oh you've been out for two days." She replied bluntly

"Yay." I replied sarcastically "Well, what am I gonna do now?"

"Paperwork."

"Aww...yay, I'm totally happy."

When we walked out of the bedroom, I was at my office. 

"So that was my bedroom?" 

Belfast simply nodded as a reply. I went over to sit at my desk and Belfast pulled out a decently sized stack of paper. 

"Can I ask why there is paper work on my first actual day at base?"

"Some things that the people do here are sometimes a little dangerous and could affect this place so they are normally required to have permission to do certain things." Belfast replied

"Alright, what do I do to accept or decline these offers?" I asked as I took the first piece of paper that was at on the top of the pile of paper.

"You can just look at the bottom of the sheet and you should see two boxes that says either Accept or decline, just tick one of those boxes and and give your signature at the bottom. There is also an additional box where you can give some things that you want to point out but that part is optional."

"Alright, the first one comes from Akashi." I muttered

As I read the request I started to realize that this Akashi person owned a store. She was asking for some money so she can buy something but the thing is, she never specified what it was. so in the end I declined and wrote 'please tell me what you want to buy, if you can do that I'll see what I can do.'

MANY MORE HOUTS LATER

When I was doing the paperwork, it was rather peaceful. Belfast only came in to give me some food. Fast forward to after I finished the paperwork and it was around midnight.

"Why did you take so long to do such a simple task?" Belfast gave me a worried glance.

"I was weighing the positive and negative of what they where requesting." I yawned. " Hey Bel is there a shower in here?"

"Yes, there is a bathroom in your bedroom." Belfast replied

I walked back into the bedroom and went to the only other door that was in the room. As I was taking my clothes off I glanced at the mirror and saw that I had a red streak in my hair.

I ran up to the locked door and asked "Why in the world is there a red streak in my hair!?"

Belfast's muffled voice came from the other side of the door "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, but when you absorb the wisdom cube, it will make some changes to your body. That is why Nimitz has the attributes of a fox." 

LATER

When I finished showering, we went to Belfast's car and started to drive home.

"You know Bel, why did they pick me of all people to manager this place. they could of at least picked a person that wasn't still going to school."

"You where picked as the commander of this base for a reason, the higher ups wouldn't just pick a random person to run this base. They all saw something within you, something that made you different from everyone else. They saw that you could possibly end the war with the sirens. You just have to find out what makes you different."

"Just what do they see in a person like me?" I muttered

When we arrived home, it was expectedly quiet.

"Alright, bye Bel."

"Bye Acro."

FOUR HOURS LATER (it was already morning)

When I woke up, it was around five in the morning. I sluggishly got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I began to make some bacon and eggs with pancakes. While I was cooking breakfast I remembered what happened in the past few days. When the food was done, I went upstairs and knocked on Emily's door.

"Emily. Get up, I made breakfast." 

I could faintly hear Emily yawn from the other side of the door and when I heard that I went back to the dinner table. After about a minute, Emily went downstairs and went to sit at the other side of the dinner table. 

"So, how was your first days at work?" 

"Paperwork, lots of paperwork." I replied

Emily chucked "You must of had fun."

"I didn't finish untill midnight." 

"Yeah I can tell." Emily started to laugh even louder. "You look so dead inside."

I sighed "You can have the rest, I've had my fill."

I got up from the dinner table and went to get ready for school. 

When I finished getting ready it was around six thirty. 

"Acro, What's up with your hair? Did you dye it?" Emily grabs the red streak in my hair and flopped it over one my eyes.

"Well lets just say that, that is my natural hair color now." 

"Sure, sure. Is that also why you're leaving so early."

"I'm telling the truth, well that's about as much as I know."

Emelia sighed "Whatever, have fun at school."

"you too."

When I arrived at my classroom I sat in my usual desk in the corner and tried to get some extra sleep.