Chapter 64: Darts

"Ah, Laffey. Did you really fall asleep on the water?" Javelin was holding a sleepy Laffey.

"Hmm...Yes I did. But Acro saved me, so it's fine." Laffey Yawned.

"Well, who's next up?" I said to the rest of the group. 

"Umm, I would like to be with you next." Spee spoke up as she walked over to my side.

"Alright then." I bid farewell to the group as Spee led me to the area where all of the carnival games were present.

"Wow..." Spee's eyes glowed with excitement as she dashed around each stall. "Can we try this one?"

Spee was pointing to a game where you had to throw a set of darts at a couple balloons to get some prizes.

"Hehe, sure thing." I walked up to the stall and asked for a set of darts. "Can we just get a set of darts." I asked the person stationed at the stall.

"alright buddy." The man happily said as he took the money off my hands and gave me three darts.

I took a deep breath as I set up the shot. "Don't fail me now....Hiyah!"

POP

"Thank goodness." I let out a sigh of relief as I set up my next two shots. "Hey, what if I get two balloons in one shot?" I asked the person running the game.

"Heh, how about if you can do that, I'll let you pick out any of these prizes, you know for your girlfriend." He replied confidently. He definitely was messing with me.

"How about if I do it with my eyes closed, I get to choose two prizes?" I replied in a taunting tone as I summoned a small component of Helena's riggings, small enough so that I can hide it within my hair.

"Heh, I'd like to see you try." The man replied. "But sure, if you can do that, I'll allow that."

I closed my eyes as I prepared to throw both darts at the same time, and with one swift motion, I has tossed both darts and two pops could be heard soon after.

"You were saying." I opened my eyes to a shocked stall keeper and Spee. "What can I say?" I continued to talk smugly as I unsummoned Helena's riggings.

'You little rascal.' I could hear Kyuu's judging tone from within my mind.

"Spee, you can go ahead and pick out two prizes."

"R-Right...Hehe..." The person running the stall sheepishly chuckled.

"Can we get those two?" Spee pointed to two matching keychains which made the Yin Yang symbol when put together.

"Right away..." The stall keeper, hastily grabbed the keychains and passed them to Spee. "Now run along. I don't want you selling me out."

As we walked away from the stall, Spee handed me the Yang side of the keychain. "Now we can match!" She said with a bright smile on her face.

"I guess we can." I said, inspecting the keychain. "Do ya wanna do something else?"

"Of course I do." Spee walked over to a candy store. "I want to know why you love candy so much. I also want to know your favourites."

"Heh, alright then." I followed Spee into the candy store. "Well, do you have any questions?"

"Well first off, why do you always like candy? You always seem down to have some candy, even in battle."

"Well, it's kinda like a comfort food." I shrugged. "But I haven't been eating much candy as I used to because of my training with Baltimore."

"Hehe, did she force you to eat less candy?" Spee giggled.

"Well, it was kinda a decision made by me actually. Since Baltimore is all about staying healthy, she didn't really have much to say about it."

"So how've you been liking today?" Spee enquired.

"It's been pretty fun actually." I said, recalling all the antics that I had gotten myself into. "It's a very nice change of pace."

"That's good." She smiled. "What do you think of my gauntlets?"

"Hm? Didn't I already tell you?" I looked at her with a confused expression. "I already said that your gauntlets are amazing. They are one of the most greatest pieces of equipment that I've seem."

"You're right. You did tell me. It just makes my heart..." Spee grows silent as she stops walking.

"Spee? What's up?" I stopped to see what was wrong with Spee.

"It's nothing." She smiled at me with a slight blush present on her cheeks.

"Are you not used to being complimented?" I asked. "Was it because of what happened when you were a kid?"

"Yes...You've already heard the story." 

"Didn't your sister always compliment you?" 

"Of course she tried her hardest to make me feel better But its from my sister. Its different from family complimenting you from someone who isn't obliged to care about you. It feels more genuine in a way."

"..." I was left speechless for a bit as I tried to gather my thoughts. "I can see where you're coming from. But knowing your sister, she is just as genuine as I am when complimenting you."

"Hm...Of course she is. I know that. But after hearing it so many times, It has lost its effect on me."

"Look. Just know that there are people out there who care for you." I patted her shoulder. "Even if the whole world is against you, there are always still those people who care for you and are willing to do anything for you." 

"...Thank you..." Spee smiled as she grabbed onto my arm. "I really needed that." 

"Hehe...No problem."