Chapter 33: A Whole New World

The sound of flowing water was the only thing that I heard. It was dark, I couldn't remember anything after going through the portal. My mind was only filled with only the sound of the flowing water. I felt weak, I didn't have the strength to get up. Every attempt I made, gave me less and less hope of getting up.

'I'm sorry, please forgive us.'

These words rung throughout my mind. This voice seemed so familiar, I just couldn't seem to remember who's voice this belonged to. This gave me the courage to use everything I had to get up. 

Even with all of my strength, I only managed to get myself to sit up. However, this victory was short-lived. My head was in constant pain, it was as if my brain was being squeezed over and over. With every movement that I made, the worse it got.

"C'mon, I have to go." I said as I tried to motivate myself. "If I don't we'll both die." 

As time passed on, I finally gained the strength to stand up and walk around. Now that I was actually able to get a good look at everything that was around me. It was in fact not as dark as I thought it was. there was a small beam of light coming from the wall of the place that I was inside. When I got to the beam of light, I realized that it was actually a part of what seemed to be a door. 

When I pushed on the door, it swung right open. Right in front of me was a beach that looked just like a beach that you would find on earth. Everything seemed so much like earth's beaches. 

"Am I even on the Siren's world?" I let out a sigh. "That doesn't matter right now, I need to find Eugen."

As I walked down the beach, I saw less and less vegetation that lined the beach. Just from over the horizon I could see a few houses that sat on the edge of the beach. when I finally made it to the houses, I saw that they were in fact not houses but they seemed to be some kind of shopping district.

At this point, I was still standing behind one of the shops. The whole area was filled with people who looked just like the sirens that I knew. This confirmed my suspicions that I was in fact still in the siren's world.

Knowing that it wasn't a very smart idea to walk out in the open with things that could define me as something that is not a siren, I quickly made my way back to the cave that I woke up in.

When I got bac to the cave, the door was wide open. It was as if someone had rushed out of the cave. When I walked into the cave, there was a open flame with a pot of some kind of food within it. 

This practically confirmed that someone was taking care of me and they really seemed to care about me. There were only three people that I could think of at the moment that could be living here in this cave with me. The only problem was, was that I didn't know where they were.

When I sat down at the fire, so many familiar and unfamiliar smells came to my senses. When I looked back into the pot, I saw that there were many herbs that looked nothing like anything that I have seen. I simply had nothing more to do at the moment except for watching the stew boil. 

I had no leads on where Eugen was, I still had to wait for this mystery person who was taking care of me. There were so many things that I could do in this place without myself possible being caught by the sirens.

There was nothing that was around the cave that could give me any hints on who this person could be. The only thing that I could find was a pitch black cloak that sat on the bed that I woke up on.  

After about an hour of looking for more things, I gave up and took the stew off to cool off. 

"This person is sure taking their time." I sighed as I got up and walked to the bed. "I might as well get some more food for us to eat." As I took off my shirt, I finally realized that my clothes were completely destroyed. There were rips and tears on every part of my shirt and jacket. 

"Guess I'll ask Regenerator for another one...If I can find her." 

I walked out of the cave and jumped right into the water. When I hit the water, I tried to summon my riggings but I just couldn't. Whenever I tried to summon it, I just ended up having nothing happen. When I realized that I knew that I had to do this the hard way. Just as I dipped my head underwater, I saw a completely different world. 

There was a kelp forest just to my left. When I got to the kelp forest, I saw the sheer amount of fish that called this kelp forest home. Then it hit me, I forgot to get a weapon to actually catch these fish. 

When I returned to the surface, I instantly made my way back into the cave and started to dry myself off. Then it hit me, there was a perfectly good little pond for me to use. With that, I would be able to keep fish in the pond and with the flowing water that was already being put into the pond, there was no way that the water could become stagnant. 

Now that I actually had a plan, I began making my way out of the cave. But before I could even turn around, I was knocked down onto the hard floor.

"You're finally up."