Chapter 47: Closure

"What do you mean she's fully returned?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you? The part of her that was missing is slowly coming back."

"Ooh, it feels so good to be back." Eugen stretched her arms out.

"Hey Prinz Eugen, do you remember anything from the past few weeks?" Tester asked.

"Well kinda. Its a little hazy." 

"Good to know."

"Now Acro, do you have a plan for us to get out of here?" Eugen turned her attention towards me.

"Wow, so how you are strategizing in front of your enemy. I didn't know that earthlings were that bold." Tester chuckled.

"Well at this point I've just given up. I got no leads and you aren't gotta tell me anything. Right?" I shrugged.

A look of pity flashed across Tester's eyes. "If Yo-"

"So all of this was just a ploy to make me think that we were actually getting a lead for us to go home?" I could see the anger seeping out from Eugen. "What happened to the Acro I knew?"

"I'm sorry but everybody has their limits. Guess I've reached mine, haven't I?"

"What about Emily? What about everyone else? Aren't you gonna make an attempt to get out of here?"

"I'll come back when you two are done..." Tester said as she slipped back into the house.

"I did make an attempt at first...But don't you realize that that there is a whole planet to explore to find this one device. And to make it worse, we have a week to find it. It's like telling a deaf person to start hearing. It's impossible."

"So what, are you just going to do nothing and let them find us!?" Eugen's tone began to rise.

"We-How about you try something then? You're fully back, aren't you? How about you try something? Ninety nine percent of the sirens in this world don't even know that we are from a different world."

"..." This seemed to get Eugen to shut up for the time being.

"Just because I'm the commander doesn't mean that I have to always take the lead. You can always put your own input into our plans. We're in this together. If you have any plans, then fire away." I crossed my arms in frustration.

"Then-"

"Alright, alright. Break it up you two." From the front door came Tester. "If you want a hint to get out of here, then I'll give you one; You'll find the key out of this place if you keep doing what you've been doing for the past week."

"The F*ck does that even mean? I've been doing a lot in the past week." I retorted.

"That's all I'm gonna give you. Oh and by the way, I hate seeing the both of you fight. Just forgive each other, I can see where both of you are coming from. Kay."

"Fine then..." Eugen pouted. "Well...S-Sorry, about me for getting angry at you." She held out her hand for a handshake.

"Apology accepted. And I'm sorry for not doing much..." I returned the handshake.

"Just so you know, I still haven't forgiven you yet!" Eugen turned away from me.

All I could let out was a slight giggle. "Hey Eugen, your Hipper is showing."

"S-Shut up okay...You gotta prove that you're sorry. Okay."

"Alright c'mon everyone's waiting for us." I grabbed Eugen by the wrist and went inside of the house and began to have breakfast.

EMILY POV

day: Saturday

Even though it's been a few weeks since Acro disappeared I still haven't gotten use to not having his company. And Amy...Well she's not taking this any better than me. I haven't been able to work on making more music, and don't even get me started on school. There's so much on my mind right now. 

But enough of that, I start my days with just a cup of instant ramen. I get too distracted when cooking nowadays, I just keep thinking about him. I just miss him so much, with Amy out all the time, Acro was the only one who was there for me when growing up. Its just too sudden, Cant we just go back to toe simpler times? I want him back. Please he's the-

*Ding Dong*

The sound of my doorbell broke me out of my thoughts. When I opened the front door stood Lilly, Rose, Nimi, Ayanami, Javelin and Laffey.

"Oh hey, why're you here?" I said in apathetic tone.

"Sheesh, you look like a mess." Nimi scolded me.

"You all look like a mess as well...Well Laffey's the same." They all had bags under their eyes and the would have something that looked wrong. 

Lily's hair was a complete mess, Rose's expression was very emotionless, Ayanami had her shirt on inside out, Javelin had her shirt on backwards and Laffey had already somehow found her way to the couch and was already knocked out. We were all stuck in this crushing atmosphere of awkwardness. 

Eventually it was too much for me to take, so I broke the silence. "S-So, why're you all here?"

"W-We just wanted to hang out." Nimi forced out a smile.

"If it's about Acro then you have each other to talk to." Just as I was about to close the door, Rose spoke up.

"These four say that they have a little more info about...That."

"Fine. Come in..."

When everyone was inside, Nimi began talking. "S-So on the day he disappeared. Since he was spending all of his time at work, he has been working very hard. And on that morning, we all went to his dorm and forced him to rest and have fun for the day."

"So you're saying that he disappeared from right under your noses?" I could feel all the pent up anger begin to rise.

"Please Emily. We've been wanting to get this off of our chests for a while." Javelin pleaded.

"Fine. Continue." 

"Continuing on, Acro being Acro didn't listen and told us that he was going out to work. And after a few minutes of nagging him to stay, he eventually told us to rest and let him do the work. I made him promise me that he would be back by the end of the day. And well, he never came back. And you know Prinz Eugen, right?"

"Yeah, one of Acro's co-workers if I remember correctly."

"Yeah, they both disappeared without a trace. We don't know what happened or where they are." Nimi looked down.

"So you're saying that you let him go to work even after he's been overworking himself?" The anger continued to boil up.

"Look, I know it was a dumb decision. I don't know why I let him go." She gripped the couch.

"We were all just planning to force him to stay the next day. it would have been better if he did get some rest instead of declining the only offer to have the day off." Javelin spoke up.

"is that true?" I asked as I looked over at Ayanami.

Ayanami just looked at me with a blank expression. Even with that blank look, I could still see a single tear roll down her cheek. "I just miss him. He wouldn't have been overworked if it weren't for me."