Chapter 21: Cooking Competition

"Hey Acro, get up." 

"Hold on, give me like a few more minutes to fully wake up." I yawned as I slowly opened my eyes and just stared at the ceiling, not wanting to move a single muscle to maximize my time in my bed. 

"Lily, can you get Acro to wake up."

"Incoming!!" The sound of a pitter patter got louder and louder and then nothing. "Get up!"

The only thing that I saw was Lily literally about to belly flop right onto me. And the weight of Lily was dropped right onto my ribs, The pain instantly erupted from my chest.

"Okay okay, I'm up." I groaned in pain. "Now please get off me."

"Alright Acro, lets go home." Rose said as Lily got off of me.

"Yeah lemme jus check with Bel to see if I can head off for today." I stumbled out of my bed and walked down the hallway and got to the kitchen and saw Belfast cooking some breakfast. 

Belfast was already looking at my direction and said. "Don't worry, I'll fill in the higher ups about what happened yesterday. You can head off after breakfast."

"Thanks." I sad down at the dinner table.

"Hey Acro, thanks again for letting us stay here for the night." Rose sat down beside me. "I know I've bee rough on you, but how've you been?"

"I really don't know, yesterday was kinda very tiering. You saw the destroyed dock right?" I sighed.

"Yeah, Belfast said that it was something that happened recently. She said something like the support beams gave way under everything." She replied.

"Well, you see. Last week, the same thing happened. And now that you know that my job is to know if everything is going fine here, you know how annoying that is. Especially because I gotta write reports about it."

"That's rough." Lily chimed in.

"It's more than rough. Its just straight pain and suffering." 

"Hey, you do know that you'll have to do this for a while, right!?" Belfast exclaimed as she place the food onto the dinner table.

"I know." I take a bit out of a piece of bacon.

"I know you started just a few weeks ago, but you have to get used to this." Belfast said with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Acro, didn't you decide to do this job?" Lily asked.

"Well, you could say that I decided to do thing job."

LATER

After we had finished breakfast, Belfast dropped Me, Lily and Rose off at out place. As we all walked through the front door of my house and almost instantly we were greeted by Emily.

"So Acro, did you sleep at work?" Emily asked.

"Yeah?"

"So I uhh...have a bit of a problem." She said as she stepped aside so that we could get in.

As soon as I walked in, the smell of burnt food flooded my sense of smell.

"Ugh, do you smell charcoal?" Lily said as she covered her nose.

"Hey Em, did you burn your breakfast?" Rose asked .

"Maybe..." Emily replied.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw the remnants of some charred bacon sitting in a pan.

"Hey Emily, how did our little vlog thing get received by our viewers?"

"They loved it. Why?" Emily said from the other side of the kitchen.

I began to chuckle. "Heh, I have an idea." I said as I walked into the living room.

"What do you...HOLD UP!! PLEASE DONT!!!" Emily clung to my legs, stopping me from moving any further.

"Lily, extra bacon if you get me that camera. Rose, I'll do one thing for you if you hold Emily back." Lily ran over to the living room and picked up the camera that was sitting on the table.

"Sorry Em." Rose said as she dragged Emily away from me.

And just like that I got the camera and began filming. "Hey guys, rate Emily's cooking out of ten. And then let me cook mine and rate mine out of ten. How bout it Emily?" I turn the camera over at Emily who at this point was freed from Rose's grasps and was sitting on the floor.

"Fine." Emily let out a defeated sigh.

"Alrighty then." I said as I placed the camera onto a elevated surface, which pointed to the stove.

After a bit, I was finished cooking. It was a smaller portion since I was already full and Rose said that she didn't want any at the moment so that only left Lily and Emily to feed. 

"Breakfast is served." I said as I placed some scrambled eggs and some bacon down onto the table. "eat up."

They both take a bit out of the food and both of their faces lit up and before we even knew it, all the food was already gone.

"Why do you look so smug?" Rose said from behind the camera.

"Well its because you both have to eat Emily's breakfast and we don't." I replied as I placed Emily's charred bacon down onto the table.

"U-Umm, I would like to use my skip challenge token." Emily said as she pushed her plate away.

"I would like to use mine too." Lily also pushed her plate away. 

"Well since I was never informed of this, I get to use my skip challenge if any of you two get me to do something."  

"Fine." 

"Anyways, you all have fun messing around. Imma head up to our recording studio and work on the mix of our new song." I said as I walked up the stairs.