Chapter 29: Weapon Testing

When I climbed back into the living room, I saw that Amy had just been staring at the celling for the whole time.

"Hey Amy, are you good there?" 

"Yep, I'm fine. I was just thinking about what you said." She replied as she got up from the couch. "So, did you end up making a new weapon?"

"Yep." I said as I summoned my newly created pistol. "Like it?"

"I wont know if I don't see it in action." Amy said as she readjusted her glasses. From what I could tell, she was in her 'business mode'.

"If that's what you want, then how about we head out and test it out." I said as I put on my shoes and opened the front door. "C'mon lets go to the training grounds."

"Alrighty then, lets get going." Amy stretched her arms and got up.

The training grounds was a facility that was made for testing purposes and like the name implies it is  also used for training. The area is an above water facility that is built over a portion of the bay. The whole facility is enclosed to reduce damage to the surrounding area if something goes wrong. Inside the building, it consists of many rooms ranging from large rooms with either water floors or solid ground to small rooms with water floors or solid ground as the floor.

When we arrived at the training grounds, Amy lead me through the halls of the facility because I had never been here before. After a bit of walking we finally got to a training area.

"Here's the commanders training area. With this you can make all of the changes that you want with just the press of a button." Amy opened the door to the training area. "I'll just be watching from outside." 

When I walked into the training area, the door closed and I saw Amy sitting down at a viewing window that was overlooking the whole training area. The training area was about twenty meters long on each side, making it rather large.

"Alright, now what?" I said as I walked over to a panel that said 'room controls' and opened it. The sheer amount of buttons that were under this panel was very overwhelming to say the least. I just kept pressing random buttons that ranged from fog to total darkness. With a bit of trial and error I finally found the settings that I wanted to work with.

The floor split open revealing the watery floor that I was going to be training on. After a few seconds, a few basic training dummy's that were about the size of your average person floated up to the surface. They were a dull grey color making it look as if it was made from metal. 

I jumped on the water and I summoned my newly created weapon. 

"Lets see if this even works." I muttered to myself as I thought of a Spade being shot.

I aimed the pistol at the target dummy. I took a deep breath, and I pulled the trigger. It was dead silent, the card sliced through the air and stuck right into the dummy. 

"Explode." The card erupted into a blazing inferno that engulfed the training dummy in the flames. After a few seconds of burning, the dummy exploded with a very loud boom. I could feel the sheer force of the explosion just from where I was standing. 

When the smoke cleared, There were no training dummy in sight. They were utterly obliterated by the explosion. Bubbles started floating un from the watery depths and two more training dummy floated up.

"Huh, that's nice." I said as I pictured a Club in my mind. I aimed the gun right in between the training dummy and pulled the trigger. As the card flew out into the air, I waited for the perfect moment. Right as the card was right in between both of the training dummies I said "Break."

The card split in two and both of the split sides shot right into the heads of the training dummies. When I walked over to the training dummies, I went to pull the cards out of each of their heads.

With just a single touch I realized that these dummies were in fact made of metal and the inside were full of thick padding that was really touch to pierce and the cards really did just almost fully peirce themselves into the dummy.

'Not to self: Always keep the safety on when I'm not fighting.'

The next bullet type to test is the Hearts and I ran back to where I was shooting before and aimed at one of the targets and pulled the trigger. The card shot right through the air and went right through the dummy as if it weren't even there. Since, I could already see the effects of what hearts can do, I went right back to the last ammo type.

Now, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't the most excited to see the Diamonds in action. So I lined up my shot and fired the card off. It flew through the air just like the other cards and it stuck itself right into the dummy.

"Return." The card emitted a faint red glow as shot right back at the gun and disappeared right back into the gun. "Now lets try something else."

I switched my pistol into fully automatic mode and prepared myself for the next thing that I wanted to do. 

One deep breath. And I was in the air and I swung my arm in a swiping motion in front of me as I held on to the trigger. The cards splashed into the water behind both of the training dummies and when I landed back onto the water, I recalled the cards back. They pierced right through the training dummies.

I let out a sigh. "That was so much fun." 

"Well, it certainly does look fun."

"Huh?"

"So, how's my Familiar been without me?"