Chapter 18: Siren Troubles

"Hello, commander. How've you been?" Observer said in a teasing tone.

"Good, good. I've been good."

"Umm Commander, what are you doing?" Cleveland asked as she summoned her riggings.

"Don't worry, I got it.' I replied as I summoned some riggings that look similar to Ayanami's riggings.

"Hmm, I see that you're using a sword instead of a gun this time. What are you planning?"

I just simply gripped onto the hilt of the sword. I then created a claymore mine right in front of me and I then grabbed Cleveland's hand and rushed out of the port.

"Where are we going!?" Cleveland exclaimed.

*BOOM*

From the port there was a huge puff of smoke that came from the port. I continued to drag Cleveland all the way out of sight and we both hid behind a bunch of barrels.

"Cleveland, what skills do you have?"

"I-I have Assault Order, Anti-Air Mode and All Out Assault."

"On my mark, use Assault Order. Right after I use my All Out Assault, you use yours."

"Okay...You ready?"

"Ready whenever you are."

"3. 2. 1." Cleveland ran out from our hiding spot and aimed her riggings at the two oblivious sirens. "All Out Assault!" A spread of bullets erupted from her cannons. 

Right after the bullets hit both sirens, I jumped out. "All Out Assault!" A more concentrated group of bullets impacted both sirens. One after another, the barrages kept hitting the sirens, not giving them a chance to recover. 

Before the smoke got to clear, I grabbed Cleveland's hand and dragged her over to Vestal's building. When we got to Vestal's office, we both saw Vestal hurriedly got the infirmary ready.

"What's happening?" Vestal asked as she just put the sheets onto one of the beds.

"Sirens. Get ready for any injury that they may cause." I replied as I want out to the front door of the infirmary. "Cleveland, you can stay here if you want."

Cleveland ran up to be and looked at me dead in the eye. "I'm coming with you." 

"Suit yourself." I said as I changed my riggings into a heavy cruisers riggings. It had two large shark-like parts that seemed to have a mind of their own. 

We both quietly, took a step out of the infirmary and managed to sneak out of the general area. When I got a good visual on where the Sirens where, I created a P90 and aimed at Observer.

I held my breath as I pulled the trigger and watched as the bullets fly straight at Observer. Just as expected, regenerator blocked all of the bullets with her body. Observer peeked her head ov3er regenerators shoulder and our eyes met. She gave me a very unsettling smile, one that sent chills down my spine. 

"Acro, lets go. Observer already know that we are here." Cleveland tried to pull me out of hiding.

"Unbreakable Shield." Three blue hexagonal shields began to rotate around us.  "Stay close to me." I said as I ran to Observer. 

"well, I didn't expect you to just come over to us." Observer stated.

"So, what do you want?" I said, ignoring what she just said. 

"We just want to say hello."

"Sure." I replied sarcastically. "So, do you want to negotiate?" 

"Depends on what you're giving."

"Acro, what are you doing?" Cleveland exclaimed.

I gripped her shoulder and leaned in. "Don't worry, I got this."

"So what are you willing to give us?" 

"I'll give you two a present and you let us go? Could you at least leave for now?"  I said as I pulled out two boxes.

"What's in these?" Observer said as she grabbed one of the boxes.

Regenerator open her box and inside was a pack of lollypops. "What is this?"

"Well, you see. these things are called lollypops." I said as I took one out of the package and took the wrapping off. "Here you go." I said as I shoved the lollypop into her mouth.

"Mmmm...Ish good." Regenerator stated.

"I know right." I patted Regenerator on her head. Her hair was silky smooth, it felt really soothing to touch it.

"UUUU, Stop that." Regenerator said as she held my hand back.

"C'mon, you try some." I said as I passed a lollypop to Observer.

"I guess I can try some." She said as she popped the lollypop into her mouth. Almost instantly, I saw her face light up with delight. "This is actually really good. I guess I can leave you be for now." A portal opened and the both walked through the portal.

"Bye Bye." Regenerator waved at me.

"See ya." I waved back.

As the portal closed, Cleveland began to frantically shake me. "What in the world was that!?!?" 

"That is called negotiation." I replied nonchalantly.

"I know that it was a negotiation, but how did you do it?"

"Well first, I observed how they would act so I could get an idea on who the were as a person. Then you just show no harm. Plus, that jacket they gave me was very comfy."

"Even though you literally just shot at them just a few seconds ago." She retorted.

"We don't talk about that." 

"When word's getting out about this, I don't know how everyone would react."

"Well I at least kept damages at a minimum." I replied.

*Ring Ring* 

I checked my phone to see that Rose was calling me. "Uhmm. Hold up, let me take this call." I said as I picked up.

"Hey Acro, did you hear those explosions?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Good to know." Rose hung up.

"Of course you would just hang up with me." I put my phone back into my pocket. "Alright, lets assess the damage."

After looking around for a bit, the only area that was really destroyed was the docks. 

"Welp, it looks like that this won't take too long to fix." Cleveland stated.

"Yeah." I looked over to the entrance to the naval base and saw a very familia pair of faces. "God damnit. Of course they would try and find this place."