Chapter 35: Star Candy

The warm sunlight shone through the cave as the morning sun rose. Only a day has passed since I woke up in the siren world. The birds that chirped as the morning sun rose high up in the sky. 

When I finally woke up, I looked around the cave. I had realized that we completely forgot to close the door to the cave. There was also a weight that was placed on top of my body with the added addition of it becoming very warm. With all of this, it wasn't too hard to figure out what it was that was on top of me. When I lifted the blanket off of me, I saw the person who I was expecting. 

"Eugen...Get up, its morning." I lightly shook her.

"Hmm?" Eugen just barely opened her eyes. 

"Hello sleepyhead."

Eugen let out a slight groan. "Just give me another few hours." 

"Can I at least get up?"

"Mmmmm...Kay." She said quietly as she releaser her grip off of me and rolled over.

Now that I was free, I could actually get my day started and with the limited things I could do, I began to wander over to the 'nearby' town. The beach that I walked across was just one of the best sights that I had ever seen. The white sand that contrasted with the blue ocean that came crashing on the shore made it become an amazing sight to see. What made it better was the absence of trash. 

This was a far cry from the beaches that I was used to seeing, everywhere I looked had at least a noticeable piece of rubbish. But here, there was nothing. There was not a piece of rubbish in sight. And the locals here don't seem to be bad people at all. From what I can tell, it's only the military or the government who are the ones who acts like Observer before she became Regenerator. 

"Heh, I swear to god. If I have to cause a revolution for peace." 

"Hey there Ace, why are you giggling to yourself there?" 

When I looked up I saw Otto, he seemed to be just getting to work just from the fact that it isn't that late in the morning.

"Don't worry about it. Just had a funny thought."

"Alright then, see ya later. I gotta head to work." 

"Yep, see ya." 

Last night I didn't get to meet too many people due to the fact that it was getting late but according to Eugen, everyone in town knows about her. She was known as the cloaked girl that just showed up out of nowhere. And apparently they knew of my existence to due to the fact that she always said that she was taking care of someone. 

There really wasn't much to do because of the fact that I had no leads on where to go, so I just aimlessly walked around town. The town actually seemed to be more like a city that would have lots of tourists to go on vacation. This place seemed so familiar and so unfamiliar compared to earth. 

After about half an hour later, I ended up at some gas station. Where Me and Eugen were staying, was actually nearby a plaza and I had just crossed a carpark that was used for the plaza. Since I had nothing to do, I walked right into the gas station and began browsing the aisles. 

When I arrived at an aisle that seemed to be the candy section I dropped everything that I was doing and walked right into the aisle and began to look through the different candies that were on sale.

"Hey you! Can you please get out of the way?" An angry voice said from behind me. When I looked back I saw a siren girl that seemed to be about my age. She had short white hair that had two black hair clips that was holding up a part of her bangs. She wore a black jacket that had a white lining and underneath she wore a black shirt with short white pants.

 She wore a black jacket that had a white lining and underneath she wore a black shirt with short white pants

"Okay." I replied as I got out of the way.

"You're new in town right?" 

"Yeah?"

She then got right into my face, so close in fact that I could feel her breath brush up on my face. "Listen up, I don't tolerate people who get in my way. If you ever mess with me, I will personally send you to the afterlife." She said in a stern voice.

"But I didn't even do anything."

"That was just a warning and pretty soon it will be a demonstration."

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be at school at this hour?" 

"Are you really trying to annoy me? Why would I be? It's a student free day. How do you not know that? Aren't you my age?"

"You can tell?" I said as I pulled my hood down to further hide my face.

"Of course I can tell. That dumb cloak isn't really helping you hide." 

"Welp. I'd better get going now." I said as I began to walk out of the building. 

Meanwhile in the gas station

"Was that Sona's friend? Why'd you tell him that? You know that that cloak means a lot to them." The shopkeeper said to the siren girl.

"Eh? R-really? Why didn't you say so?" 

"Because you didn't ask." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Oh my god." She hurriedly looked through the aisle and picked up a full bag of star candy. "Here, you can keep the change." She said as she tossed a few coins at the employee.

When she rushed out of the gas station, she saw a figure slowly walking away into the distance and that figure was me.

"I cant tell if she is a delinquent or she was just having a bad day." I muttered as I slowly made my back into the plaza and began to walk back to the cave.

Little did I know at the time, I was being followed.