Chapter 38: Life As A Transfer Student

"Hello everyone, we have a new transfer student." 

"Umm. Hi everyone, I'm Ace." Now you might be wondering why I am currently standing in front of a class full of Siren but I assure you that there is a perfectly logical explanation for this.

APPROXIMATELY 48.4621 HOURS AGO

It was just yesterday when I met those two siren girls. And I am currently just sitting in front of Otto's shop.

"Hey Ace, you're a young man aren't you?" Otto came walking out of his store.

"Yeah." I said as I continued to stare at the beach.

"Just from your build, I guess you're in high school. Am I correct?" He took a seat next to me.

"I have no idea how you figured out, but I should be in my second year of high school. So what do you need?" 

"Well it's just that my brother is the principal of a school nearby here. And when I told him about you, he said that he would be just fine with letting you in." Otto replied sheepishly as she scratched his nape.

"I can't go to school."

"Yeah about that."

"Why!?" I shouted in frustration. "Do I have to?"

"W-Well, yes."

BACK TO PRESENT DAY

"Hey dude, what ya doin here?" When I looked over the classroom I saw Maiko sitting at the back of the room at the window seat.

"Why are you here!?" From the second last row on the seat that is second to the window shouted Hisoka.

Everyone's attention was focused on me and the other two. "Yep, I'm here." I arrived at an empty seat that was on the second last row that was on the window. Which happened to be right next to Hisoka and in front of Maiko. "Is this seat taken?"

"Nobody's sitting there, you're fine." Our teacher replied.

"Alright." I sat down at my seat and brought out my books.

"Okay everyone, open your textbooks to chapter 12.3 and work on questions 1 to 5. If you have any questions just put your hand up and I'll be with you in a bit."

"Yay, math." I muttered in a sarcastic voice.

2 HOURS LATER

Its lunchtime and I didn't even get to move out of my seat before I was surrounded by a sea of people, mainly women.

"Hey, Ace so when did you dye your hair?" of the many questions that were asked, this was the one that I heard the most.

"This is natural."

"Really!? Wow, I didn't know we could be born with black hair. What about that red streak?"

"Uhmm." I looked back to where Maiko was sitting. Thankfully, she was still there due to the sea of students. "I want out."

"sorry dude, I cant do nothin. I'm kinda stuck here too." She said as she tried to not get knocked over from the sea of students.

"Hey! Everyone get out of the way! I cant get out because of you all!" Hisoka slammed her desk.

This seemed to get everyone to make way for Hisoka to get out. Seeing this opportunity to escape, I grabbed Maiko by the wrist and practically dragged her out of the classroom. I kept running upstairs until we got to the roof.

"Well, uhh thanks?"

"I've had it with that happening at school." I stated as I sat down in a corner.

"Yeah, it must be a pain." Maiko replied. "Just stay here for a bit, I've got some people for you to meet."

"What?" Maiko had already ran off back downstairs. "Well sh*t."

And with that, I was alone on the roof of a school building that was on a planet that is trying to colonize my own planet. Just as any sane person would do, I summoned my card shooting gun and began to mess around with it. I just aimed the gun into the air and shot out a diamond and quickly recalled it. 

I don't know but I somehow ended up just shooting the chained fence. I made sure to dial back the power behind the shots so that I wouldn't just break the fence. Lets just say that watching the cards get stuck in between the spaces in the fences was a really entertaining sight for me. Soon enough, I was running and jumping around while I began to shoot the spaces in between the fence. And to finish off the little game that I was playing, I got to one side of the roof and used the ledge to give be a little boost to run. And when I got to the other side of the roof, I jumped up and shot five diamonds out over the fence and when I landed, I recalled the cards and the all got lodged into the spaced in between the fence.

"Nice." I said as I unsummoned my gun along with my cards.

"Woo!! Encore!" I heard clapping coming from behind me.

'Ah shi*t.'

When I turned around, I saw Maiko with two other girls clapping from the show that I had just performed.

I ran over to Maiko. "H-How long were you here for?" 

"Since you started. Did I not tell you that I would be back soon?" 

"No you did not."

"Enough of that. Meet my friends."

"Sup dude. The name's Asami." To Maiko's right, was a girl that had the classic Siren white hair that was tied into a ponytail and the hair reached all the way down her back. She had a pair of reddish orange eyes that glowed in the sunlight. She had a laid back expression and held out her hand for a handshake. 

"Hello, I'm Ace." I returned the handshake.

"Hey there, I'm Tohru." The final girl introduced herself . Just like everyone else, she had white hair that only reached down to her shoulders. The thig that stood out for me was that she had heterochromia. her Left eye was a deep ocean blue while her other eye was a dull grey. 

"Dude how'd you even do that? Like, what the heck." Tohru began to inspect me. 

"What are you even looking for?"

"Your gun of course. Where did it go?"

"Tohru, I'm pretty sure we all saw it disappear out of thin air." Asami grabbed Tohru by the collar. "Ya know, that gun kinda reminds me of that one person from the military who would test weapons."

"Oooh don't you mean that one woman that showed up during out welcoming ceremony?" Tohru replied.

"Tester! That's her name!"