Chapter 14: Music

"Do you wish to seek more information about the sirens?"

"Am I ever gonna know who you are?"

"If you want to know who I am, you have to accept these terms and services."

Right as this voice said this, a text box appeared in front of me. It said 'Read terms of service' the under that it says 'yes' and to the other side of the box it said 'no'.

"Are you my Wisdom cube?" I asked.

"Yes I am." The voice replied.

"Fine, Let me hear the information." 

"Very well, the two Sirens you met earlier where Observer and Regenerator or more commonly known as Omitter." 

"Omitter?"

"It is currently unknown as to why she became regenerator, but we can guess that the constant failures that she made caused this to happen. She was probably tested on and had many things happen to her." 

All of these thoughts rushed through my head. Why, why would they do something so cruel to their own ally? Who would even have the heart to do that? 

After taking a few minutes to collect my thoughts, I began to ask more questions "I want to know more about the sirens?"

LATER

when I came back to the conscious world, I was hit with a huge wave of pain. 

"Acro, Someone is here to pick you up" The school nurse said.

I looked over and saw that Belfast was sitting at the foot of my bed. 

"C'mon Acro, we need to go." 

"Bel can you help me out of this bed?" I said as I struggled to get up. 

"Hold on tight." Belfast said as she hoisted me onto her back.

And just like that we where off into the carpark. When I got into the car, the Starter squad was already sitting in the back. 

"Hey." I gave them an awkward wave. "Sooo, how was class today?"

"It was really boring." Ayanami stated. "Our math teacher wont let me play games in class." 

"School is made to teach, not to play games." Nimi retorted.

"Did u get harassed by the class."

"A little." Javelin replied.

"You'll get used to it, They're always like that. You just gotta manage with it." 

We spent the whole drive home talking about what out class was like. When we got home I got out of the car and walked through the front door. When I got in the house Emily was sitting on the couch, she was humming a tune while writing on a piece of paper.

"Watcha doing?" I said as I peeked over Emily's shoulder.

"I'm thinking about song lyrics." She replied.

"Hmm, lets see what you've got." 

On the sheet that sat in front of Emily had some lyrics scribbled in the page.

it said:

'Running with the wind. To a place atop a hill. Shining brightly. Were those fireworks that flared up overhead. In the end. I could only remember the lights in the show.'

"Warm and glittering. Like a flower in the sky." I said as I wrote on the page. "I could never forget, all the colors sprinkling out in rainbow lines. Crossing by to the edge of my sight as it goes up above."  

I picked up the page and went upstairs to the room where we record all of Emily's songs. How we produce our songs can be very different from everyone else, due to the fact that we haven't really been to an actual studio to make music.

"Acro, why are we here?" Emily asked. 

"To test to see if it works." I replied as I sat on the piano chair. "memorize those lyrics while I try to figure out how we're gonna start this song."

"Are you sure that your head is going to be fine?" Emily said in a worried tone. 

"Umm I will try and take it easy." I said as I turned on the AC and plugged my headphones into the electronic piano.

A few hours passed, when I managed to get a decent intro to what we had. I walked out of the recording room and went into Emily's room. 

I knocked onto her door. "Emily, I'm coming in." When I walked in, I saw that same piece of paper filled with lyrics. 

"Did you get an idea on how to start it?" 

"Umm..." I skimmed through the lyrics. "Give me an acapella of what you have."

"Sure." Emily said as she rushed out of her room.

I soon followed her after and sat at the computer that was in the recording room. 

"Umm, Emily, can you speak into the mic for a sec?" I said as I put one of the headphones on.

"Umm, can you hear me?" Emily's voice came out of the headphones.

"Loud and clear." I replied. "On the count of 3, start singing. Ready?"

"Yep!"

"that was really loud ya know." 

"Sorry."

"Anyway, 3. 2. 1."

As I was listening to Emily sing, I was thinking of any way that we could make it sound good. When she eventually finished, I stopped the record button on the computer.

"Alright, we got the recording." I peeked my head into the recording booth. 

"You know, if you've already done a face reveal. We could do like a behind the scenes thing." Emily replied. 

I simply pulled out a camera and pointed it in my direction and started recording.

"Hello everybody, It's me Acro. We're going to try this new series. It's pretty much just a behind the scenes of the songs. If this is received nicely, we'll do more and heck we might even do a vlog series. What does our little singer say about this." I pointed the camera at Emily, who was not ready for this at all.

"Umm."

"Yeah, she literally just suggested this and I pulled out this camera."

During that whole afternoon, we didn't even get much work done. We spent most of that time messing around with the camera and failing at starting the instrumentals for the song.