Chapter 28: The Admiral

"Oh, that's so good!"

"So this is your job?" I said as I placed another plate of cooked salmon down onto the table.

"Yeah. How else would I be able to get you all of this stuff for recording stuff." Said my aunt, who was called Amy. 

Turns out that Amy was the admiral that was in charge of this whole ship girl thing. This would explain why I got this job without any prior experience.

"Hey Acro, what's up with the angry expression?" Amy asked as she picked up the plate of salmon.

"Why meeeeeeeeeeee!???!?!?!?" I exclaimed.

"C'mon, is this how you talk to the person who gave you such a unique name." She pouted.

"My name is not the problem here." I said as I tossed my apron into the counter.

"Then what's the problem?"

"Even I know that you're not that dumb." She just stared at me with a confused look. "Why'd you pick me for this job?"

"Oh that...Well its because you were compatible with your wisdom cube." 

"What?"

"I mean that not everyone is compatible with the commanders wisdom cube. if someone who was not compatible absorbed it, they would be destroyed from the inside out."

"Uhmm, so what makes someone compatible with a cube?" I said as I took a seat.

"Exposure to the wisdom cube or an energy source that is similar to the energy of a wisdom cube. If it weren't for that car crash, I would have never given you this job." Amy said with her voice getting more serious.

"Do you know why the sirens are appearing more frequently? They have been appearing pretty much daily at this point."

"No, we've got no clue. If they were planning a full scale attack, they would send out much more than Regenerator and Accelerator." She replied.

"This may sound very dumb, but I think we can get those two to work with us."

"That does sound dumb." She replied bluntly.

"Well, I've been able to converse with them without much conflict. They even let me approach them without a fight. Heck I even gave them some candy as a gift."

"You did?"

"Yes I did. If I'm being honest, I really want us to end this war with minimal amounts of causalities. I really want us and the sirens to become allies."

"Do you know how dangerous that sounds. I wouldn't be able to sleep easily if you were killed from one of the sirens."

"I know it sounds dangerous, but I really think we can at least get those two on our side. We would get some major firepower on our side if we succeed. Its a high risk high reward situation."

"You're lucky that I even let you get this position. I was all for you going to becoming a wildlife biologist. If it weren't for that siren attack, I would have never let you do this." Amy's voice trembled. I could tell that she was at her breaking point.

"Then why did you let me do this!?" I exclaimed out of pure frustration. "You could have found an entirely different person for this."

"Because...it was either you became the new commander or the sirens would come to destroy the planet. We've seen what they can do, I didn't want to risk it."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine...Do you have some kind of workshop were you can make some new weapons for riggings?"

"Didn't Belfast tell you? You have one here in you office." Amy said as she got up and pressed a button right next to the light switch.

Suddenly a secret trapdoor opens up on the floor of the living room.

"Thanks. I'm not going to give up on those two by the way." I said as I climbed down the passageway.

"I'll be up here..." Amy replied as she sat down on the couch and stared at the roof.

When I reached the bottom of the passageway, I saw a futuristic like workshop It was about the size of the building that this workshop was under. There was lots of machinery that I had no idea on what they did. After a few minutes of exploring the area, I saw a screen saying 'start new project.'

"Time to get a bit of an upgrade."

3 HOURS LATER

After messing around with the settings, I finally was able to create a weapon that was to my liking.

I picked up the gun out of the fabricator and walked to the last station. The sign said 'bring out your wisdom cube and place your weapon and your wisdom cube on the machine. Then put the glass covering back on and press the red button to start the transfer. Once the transfer it complete, you can now use your newly crafter weapon.'

"What?" 

I looked under the sign and saw some instructions. "Imagine your wisdom cube in your hand and it should appear." I said as I read the instructions.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I imagined my wisdom cube appearing in my hand. And soon enough, I felt a bit of extra weight appear in my hands. When I opened my eyes, I saw my wisdom cube. It glowed blue while the center of it was a deep red.

I sat down at the station and I pulled the glass covering over the contraption and I placed my wisdom cube into some claws that fit perfectly on the wisdom cube and  I placed the gun on a pedestal that sat on the other side of the contraption. I put the glass covering over the contraption and pressed the red button that sat on the side of the machine and a white light shone through the machine. It was so bright that I couldn't even see anything when I looked over to the contraption. 

After a few seconds of this light covering the whole area, the light faded. When I looked back at the contraption, I saw that the gun had disappeared and the wisdom cube was the only thing that remained there. When I picked my wisdom cube back up, it shattered into many other cubes and was absorbed back into my body. 

*BZZZZ* (Idk now to make this noise)

From under the contraption, I saw a receipt being printed. When I looked over what was on the receipt is showed the abilities of my weapon.

The pistol is pure black with white the four card suits scattered around the handle of the gun. This gun has two modes. These two mode are rapid fire mode and single shot mode. These modes are used for many different situations such as a full out assault or a stealth mission (etc).

This gun has four ammo types, all of which have their own purpose. All of the bullets are made from tungsten and each type has one of the four card suits imprinted on the middle of the card. These bullets will disappear once the weapon is recalled. If the bullets remain the bullets would disappear within the span of ten minutes. 

The Hearts are your armor piercing bullets, they are designed to pierce armor and render it useless. 

The Clubs split into three smaller bullets on impact. These smaller bullets continue to fly off into directions that I decide on. 

The Diamonds act like normal bullets untill they get stuck in a object, they can be recalled back to the gun. When this happens these bullets will go through/get stuck on anything that is in between the bullets and the gun.

The Spades are explosive bullets. Once these bullets are shot, they can either be detonated midair or the can be detonated when they get stuck into something.

This receipt perfectly described what I had designed this gun to be. When I summoned my newly crafted fin, I saw the exact same gun that I put into that contraption.

"Now its time to test this." I said as I walked back to were the ladder was.