Chapter 44: Who?

"Shh...He's waking up." I heard a very familiar voice that I haven't head in so long.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was at home on earth. As I looked around I saw Emily, Lily and Rose who were all sitting at the foot of my bed.

"Hey Acro, how do you feel?" Lily asked.

"Tired." I yawned.

"So, uhh..Do you remember what happened?" Emily said as she fiddled with her hair.

"Depends on what we're talking about." 

"Well, do you remember the car accident?" 

"Yeah, that was like a few months ago." I replied as I sat up on my bed.

"What do you mean? That just happened two days ago." Emily had a worried expression on her face. 

"What!? Where's Amy?" I frantically looked around my room.

As if it was on cue, Amy came walking right into my room. "Oh Acro! You're finally awake." She came rushing over to my side.

"Amy could we talk in private?" I whispered to her.

"Okay?" We both went into Amy's room took a seat on her bed. "So, what'd you want to talk about?"

"What's happening? Why isn't there anyone who is from the naval base here?"

"Naval base?" Amy tilted her head in confusion.

"Where's Belfast, Vestal and them?"

"Who?" This one word sent alarm bells ringing in my head.

"What do you mean who? Aren't they your employees or something?" I argued as a desperate attempt to get her to say that she was just kidding.

"Employees? I'm still in college." Amy had a short pause. "Are you good in there?"

"Yes I'm good...If you don't believe me then I'll show you where they are." I was already on my way to go to the Azur Lane base.

"Okay then, lets see these mystery people." Amy lazily followed me out of the door.

When we reached the naval base, I walked right through the front gates. When I looked for anyone I recognised, I saw nobody that I recognised. Every person I saw walking around here weren't anyone that I've ever seen around base. I just broke into a panic and I began to run around the area to see if anything could prove me right.

I looked for any and every building. The Gym was just a shop that sold flowers. The port was a fishing spot. My house in the base was turned into a restaurant.

"Are we done looking around the shopping district?" Amy asked impatiently.

"What? No. That's...What? What is this?"

Then it all went dark. I was in that same dark abyss.

"Hey Acro...Yeah about me being able to talk to you, that's kinda being hindered. I found out that I can only talk to you for only five minutes a day." Kyuu came walking our from the darkness.

"Did you see that dream?" I asked shakily.

"I cant see your dreams. I'm just stuck in here until I can talk to you. I can see what you can see when I can talk to you when you are awake. I can occasionally see your memories though so there's that." 

"That makes me feel better in some ways and not in other ways." I let out a weak chuckle.

"Heh, well, I've run out of time. You're waking up...So I'll see you tomorrow." Kyuu waved goodbye as I my vision was blanketed in a wave of darkness.

When I was back into the living world, I just laid there thinking about everything that had happened. What if this is just a dream? What if Azur lane and the sirens never existed? What if I'm just in a coma to never wake up ever again? Thoughts like this just ran through my mind as I stared at the ceiling.

"Oh hey, you're up." Regenerator peeked her head from the kitchen. "I'll be with you in a bit, just finishing up breakfast." 

"Mornin..." Maiko groggily walked out from her room.  "Thank god it's a Friday."

"Yeah..." 

"Hey, ya good there dude?" Maiko took a seat next to me while I continued to lie down on the futon.

"Just has a nightmare, I'll be fine." I let out a weak chuckle.

"Ah, wanna talk about it?" 

"What if most of the people you care about didn't exist?"

From the corner of my vision I could see Maiko do a double take. "Okay, what the frick?"

"Yeah..."

"Shit man, that sounds horrible." Regenerator walked in with a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon.

"You know what's worse? Dream you doesn't know it is a dream and dream you starts to freak out and never questions that kind of stuff." I replied as I sat up and grabbed a fork. "Lets just forget about that and eat. Yeah?"

"Yeah, lets eat." Maiko was already stuffing her face.

LATER

After we finished breakfast, both Me and Maiko left to go to school. 

"Sooo, how are you?" Maiko asked as an attempt to start a conversation.

"Dunno. Guess I'm feeling a little homesick." I shrugged.

"Well that's what happens when you disappear from your family for a few months."

"Yeah, I guess..." 

"H-hey guys. What a coincidence, who would have thought that we would meet each other. Right?" When we turned around to see the person behind these words, we saw Hisoka standing there as she looked down at the floor.

"Oh hi Hisoka!" Maiko gave Hisoka a bug bear hug.

"Pfft." Seeing Hisoka make such an attempt to join us was just too cute for my heart to handle.

"What?" Hisoka glared at me as she continued to grab the edges of her skirt.

"If you wanted to join us, you could have just asked." I let out a slight giggle. "But that was really cute."

"C-Cute." Her face was instantly flushed with a red tint. "W-Whatever..." Hisoka looked away as she began to fiddle with the ends of her hair.

"Ugh. Please...I cant take it anymore." I held my chest to accentuate my overload of cuteness.

"Heh, who knew you had that side to you?" Maiko gave me a teasing smile.

"Who doesn't?" I replied.

"Ahh, well that doesn't matter anymore. Maiko, if you did want to walk with us, you could have just asked. Okay?"

"But-"

I cut Hisoka off from making her protest. "No buts. I'd feel bad if you were just left out." 

"Fine. If you say so."

"Good." Maiko gave her a bright smile.

And just like that, we all continued on our way to school.