Chapter 51: Morning After The Return

*Ring Ring*

I woke up to the sound of my my alarm, signalling the beginning of my day. When I tried to get up, I couldn't. There was this warmth that laid over the top of me. If it weren't for me being forced to live with Eugen for a while, I would have been very confused as to what it would be but because I lived with Eugen in the siren world, I got very used to this feeling. When I lifted up the blanket, I saw that Emily was peacefully sleeping on top of me which was what I had expected to be the case. 

"Emily. Can I get up." I whispered as I shook her awake.

"No...This is your punishment for leaving me behind for so long." Emily replied with a tired voice.

"Fine, I'll give you five more minutes." I gave her a pat on the head.

"Yay." She purred happily. 

The five minutes passed in a flash. And I wasted no time in trying to get Emily to wake up by using my secret weapon. 

"Emily, if you don't wake up; I wont give you breakfast." I whispered.

"H-Huh?" Emily shot up and looked at me with a sad expression. "You leave me for a few weeks only to do this to me?"

"I really miss you too but I've also missed so much of school." I replied as I wiggled my way out from under Emily but to no avail.

"Fine..." She pouted as she got off of me. 

"You know, you're acting really different from the last time I saw you."

"..."

"You've been much more touchy since I came back...You sure you've been fine?" 

"...No. My brother left home for work and the next thing I find out is that he has gone missing. You think I'd be fine after that!?" Tears began falling down Emily's cheeks.

"Alright, alright." I got up and embraced Emily into a tight embrace. "Just think of it like this; I'm here now. And I don't plan on disappearing again. I'm always here for you. You got that?"

"Y-Yeah. I got that..." 

I released her from our embrace and I gave her one final pat on the head. "Now get ready for school so we wont be late."

"Right." Emily replied as she left my room to finally get ready for school.

Within a few minutes, we were ready for school and just as we were about to leave for school, the doorbell was rung. 

"Hello?" On the other side of the door was a woman with dark brown hair that was held up with some sort of red hairclip. Her eyes were a crimson red. The thing that stuck out the most was the fact that she had fox ears and nine tails that were out for the whole world to see.

 The thing that stuck out the most was the fact that she had fox ears and nine tails that were out for the whole world to see

Before I could even process anything, I was tackled to the floor by this mysterious person.

"Acro, it this one of your co-workers?" Emily asked with a slight hint of irritation present in her voice.

"Pleash get off me." I pleaded.

She got off of me. "Aww, why not?" The woman with fox-like features asked with a pout.

"First off, who and why?"

"Ah, right. My apologies." The lady got up and patted herself off and lent me a hand to help me up. "It's nice to finally meet you Acro. I am IJN Akagi of the Akagi class of aircraft carriers from the Sakura Empire."

"Ahh, so you're Akagi? I head from the others that you and a few others were really looking forward to meeting me." 

Emily gave me a confused look. "Akagi class? aircraft carriers? Like the battleships?" 

"O-Oh...It's like a fancy way of saying what department they are from." Akagi nervously scratched her nape as she said this.

"Yeah, pat it no mind..." I sheepishly began to scratch my nape as well. "Wait, why are you even here?"

"To take you to school of course!" Akagi proudly beat her chest.

"Where's Bel?"

"Belfast isn't at base at the moment. So I was tasked with taking you to school."

"Something tells me that's not what happened." Emily chimed in.

"W-Well, Amy held a raffle to see who would take you both to school. And I won the raffle." 

"Ah, and here I thought that she was going to take us to school." I muttered to myself.

"Alright, pack your bags, we better leave quickly before we are late." 

"Okay Miss Akagi." 

And just like that, we were all on our way to school. Surprisingly, it was a rather calm ride. Especially with how Akagi greeted me, I was expecting her to be all over me during the ride. But that aside, we both dropped off Emily at her school first and not too long after, I was also dropped off as well.

Akagi rolled down her window and said. "Goodbye Acro. I wont be the one to pick you up. Just to let you know." 

"Okay, see ya Akagi." 

As I walked down the halls of the school, everyone began to whisper whenever I walked past. It's to be expected though, who wouldn't be confused if a supposedly dead celebrity suddenly ended up alive weeks later. Yeah, needless to say that the walk to my classroom was rather awkward with all of the stares and whispering.

When I arrived at the sliding door of my homeroom classroom, I took one deep breath...And slowly slid the door open. Everyone who was in the classroom looked over at me. There were six individuals that I was looking for. And they were all looking at me. These people were Lily, Rose, Ayanami, Laffey, Javelin and Z23. All of their eyes were all red and puffy, probably from crying. 

"I-I'm back everyone..."