Chapter 61: Two Truths One Lie

It's the morning of my little outing with the starter squad to the waterpark but just as we were about to leave, Nimi wanted to say something.

"Ehe before we can leave, can I say something." Nimi had a guilty smile on her face.

"Sure?"

So Spee and a couple others caught wind of our little outing." Nimi sheepishly stated.

"Laffey might have said something as well..."

"What?"

"Hmmm~ So this is what my Familiar's residence looks like." Before I could even process this, four more people came in to my house.  These four were August, Eugen, Spee and vestal.

"I shouldn't even be surprised anymore." I facepalmed.

"Hello, Acro. It's nice to see you again." Spee said quietly.

"I-I'm sorry for intruding. I-It's just that haven't had a day off in so long." Vestal bowed as an apology.

"No, It's fine...And why are you here?" I turned my attention to Eugen.

"Wow. You really gave me the cold shoulder." Eugen sighed. "Why does it seem like you've had enough of me?"

"Oh, so now you're trying to guilt trip me?" I walked up right in front of her face. 

"Please don't murder each other." 

"Heh, what If I am?" Eugen smugly replied, completely ignoring Vestal's pleas.

"Boop." I tapped Eugen's nose. "Maybe I missed the you when you were hit with that memory gun."

"Oh, you did not." Eugen grabbed me by the wrists. 

"Ahem!" 

When I looked up I saw everyone looking at Eugen with jealous eyes.

"Ehe lets go now shall we?" Javelin said as she walked out the front door.

"C'mon Eugen, you had him for yourself for almost a month. Let us have him for a bit." Ayanami pleaded.

"Well then you gotta make your own opportunity to spend some time with him." Eugen chuckled.

"Am I supposed to be here?" I chimed in.

"Tch, hurry up and wait outside, we still have to talk about things things." Nimi pushed me outside.

"Hey Javelin."

"Hi Acro."

And just like that I was left alone with Javelin, who was also waiting for everyone to get out. After a bit of idly waiting, I eventually couldn't take it anymore.

"So how's your day been?" 

Javelin; who wasn't expecting me to talk began to stammer. "A-Ah, it's actually been pretty good. I've been looking forward to today." 

"That's good. I know that you all wanted this for a while so I hope that today wont be interrupted by anything." 

"Geez, you really had to set up a flag. Didn't you?" She playfully punched my arm.

"Eh, cant say that I enjoy doing that. But hey the most we can do is pray. Right?"

"Yeah, but lets just have fun today." Javelin giggled.

"Yeah. I got a question for you Javelin."

"Fire away." 

"Are you a fan of the big waterslides?"

"Yeah, they're really fun!"

I could only nervously chuckle to this. 

"What? Are you scared of those waterslides?" Javelin teasingly nudged my arm.

"Please don't make me go on them." I quivered from her touch.

"Aww but what if I told everyone about this?" 

"Stop...That's Eugen's job to make my life a living hell."

"And what's stopping me from taking Eugen's job?" Javelin giggled.

"..."

"Anyways, what do you wanna do while we wait for the others?" Javelin innocently asked as if she didn't just give me a heart attack.

"Dunno." I shrugged.

"Ooh, I have an idea! How about we play two truths and one lie?"

"Uhmm...You go first." I could feel the anxiety creep up on me. I could only imagine what she had in mind.

"Hmm...I have never learn how to ride a bike. I always pay attention in class, and for the final one; my most favourite flavour of ice-cream is Vanilla." Javelin gave me a satisfied smile when she finished her list.

I could only breathe a sigh of relief because she was actually being really modest and not tilling me about her deepest secrets. "Well that's easy. The lie is that you pay attention in class."

Javelin's jaw drops to the floor as if I had just started flying. "How'd you know?"

"..." I sighed. "Really? You're always drawing in class so of course it's easy to guess."

"Hmmm. Fine, but next time I wont lose to you." She pouted.

"So it's my turn now?" I closed my eyes to think for a bit. "I've got my truths and lies. Ya ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready to win that is!"

"Heh, sure." I chuckled. "I am great at chess. I hate being the leader. And I like peaches."

"The second one. It just seems so out of place. Plus you're our commander."

"Heh, and that's a win for me. I absolutely suck at chess." 

"WHAT!?" Javelin exclaimed in pure disbelief. "D-Does that mean you h-hate us?" Javelin's voice trailed off as she began to fiddle with her hair.

"Of course I don't. You all are a part of my precious fleet. You are all my friends. I could never hate you." 

"Nawww, thanks Acro. It's good to know that you don't hate us." Vestal said from behind me as she patted my shoulder.

"Your welcome...So we ready to head off?"

"Yup. Shall we head out on our little outing?" August replied as she grabbed onto my hand.

"Hey! That's no fair!" Ayanami snatched me out of August's grasps.

"Oi, I'm a person you know." I ripped myself out of Ayanami's grip. "C'mon, the quicker we get to the waterpark, the more tome we get to mess around."