Chapter 42: A Siren's House

Its just a normal afternoon in the Siren world. For everyone else at least. I'm sitting alone in the living room of someone who is supposed to be my enemy. Now I know that I was trying to be friends with them but what the actual hell. I never expected Eugen to be so right and wrong at the same time. 

It's good that I'm strengthening my relationship with the Sirens but at the same tine, I don't know if I'm gonna get murdered in the next hour. And yet here I am, just chilling in one of their houses. 

"Dude, are you just going to sit there and stare into nothing?" Maiko walked back into the living room that I was left in.

"You didn't give me anything to do." I deadpanned. 

"Well, then..." Maiko went back out of the living room to look for something.

"Hey, I forgot to ask. Tea or coffee?" Regenerator poked her head from the kitchen.

"Water." 

"Well okay then. I'll be back in a sec."   Regenerator retreated back into the kitchen.

"Now back to-"

"Catch." Both Regenerator and Maiko threw something into my direction.

*CRASH*

"Okay, a little warning would have been helpful." I sighed as I looked at what they had thrown to me. One item was just a simple water bottle while the other item was an acoustic guitar. "So you guys have similar instruments too eh."

"Heh, sorry bout that." Maiko gave me a pat on the back as she sat down on the kotatsu next to me.

"Ya got any more instruments?" I asked as I inspected the guitar.

"This is the only instrument we have." Maiko nervously scratched her nape. "Yeah, Omitter had some lessons before she joined the military."

"Alright guys, I'm back." Regenerator came back with two cups and a pot of tea. 

"You play the guitar?" I held up the guitar.

"Well...Yeah, I only know the basics though." She chuckled as she sat down on the opposite side of me on the kotatsu.

"Did ya parents force ya?" I replied as I began to play a simple tune with the guitar.

"Yeah." Regenerator replied as she poured a cup of tea for Maiko and herself.

"Heh, same for me and my little sis."

"You have a little sis?" They both asked.

"Yeah. But I haven't seen her for like two month now. So yeah." I gave them a weak chuckle.

"For two months? Did your sister run away or something?" Maiko asked but her older sister stayed silent due to the fact that she knew about who I really am.

"Nah, it was more like I ran away...And disappeared at the same time."

"Really, so you ran away from your home to live alone with Sona?" Maiko had a sly smile on her face.

"Well, Sona kinda insisted that she joined me. Then things happen and now were here." 

"I-Is that so?" Regenerator had this expression that screamed 'What the hell have I done?'

"Hey Maiko, could I talk to Omitter alone. Y'know, to catch up."

"Okay?" Maiko got up and walked out of the living room. "Tell me when you're done talking."

"So, Regenerator. Ya wanna talk about it?" I said as I set the guitar down. 

"Ahh...W-Well How've you been?" She said nervously while fiddling with her hair.

"I've been living in a cave with a Eugen that is not Eugen for half a month. How do you think I've been?"

"Sorry..." Regenerator held her head low.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." I patted her on the head. And it was that same soothing feeling that overcame my body as I patted her head.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up in relief.

"Yeah. Its nice to not have to see trash everywhere you look. I can tell you guys care more about your planet than we do to ours." 

"Y'know, I was very surprised at how much trash there was in your oceans." 

"Would you believe me if I told you there was a huge patch of garbage somewhere in the middle of our ocean and that it is bigger than some of our countries?"

"Yes, I would."

"There's something that I've been wanting to ask you for quite a bit now. Do you mind if I ask?"

"Not at all." She replied with a smile.

"The thing that Eugen got hit with. That was the same thing that you and Accelerator got hit by too? Right?"

"..." Regenerator went back to looking down. "Yeah. They weren't planning to hit Prinz Eugen. She just blocked the shot for you."

"So was it the same thing that you got hit my?"

"Yeah, but both Me and Accelerator got it much much words than she did." She began to look down once again.

"I can tell, just from how you were when we first met. And I can really tell from the huge change in personality from Observer to Accelerator."

"Yeah, it's so weird to have such a thing as a personality trait and have it locked away." She weakly chuckled.

"Locked away? Does that mean you can get it back?" I found my first piece of hope for getting Eugen back. 

"Well that device is designed for us sirens. So the effects may be different because it isn't calibrated for humans. No promises that she gets better though."

"As long there is a chance that she can come back." All I could let out was a small smile.

"Now, its my turn to ask questions." She looked up at me with a serious expression.

"Ask away."

"What's your plan? Why are you being so friendly to the people who are trying to destroy your home?"

"Hmm...I want to make a future for both of our races. I want us to live together in peace. I've seen both of our worlds and I don't want to lose either of them. Just think of the many innocent lives that both sides would lose if this war got out of hand. Even if your military has done some very questionable things, the citizens of this place are just as human as us."

"So that's why you were so kind to us. Were your acts of kindness just gain our trust?" Tears began to well up in Regenerators eyes.