Two

I blinked at the boy in front, who cautiously looked for my reaction with his hooded stormy blue eyes, thick brows raised, prominent forehead creased and perfectly sculptured jaw closed.

"What?" I whispered in disbelief, keeping my voice from cracking.

I knew it had been years, but I was still not over my crush on him. I always dreamed that he would come to his senses and ask me out, but never imagined it to be fake.

"Look, it's going to sound crazy, I know." He drawled. "But hear me out."

I took a sharp inhale and gestured for him to continue. "Speak."

"I like Ivy and you already know that-" My jaw clenched at the name of that bit*h. "- I have been trying to ask her out all this time, and she keeps on dodging it. I don't get her problem, but we only have one more year, I want to date her before I lose my chance." He finished.

WTF.

"You want to date Ivy, and for that, you're asking me to fake date," I repeated what I got from him. "Why exactly?"

"Because I know she likes me-" No she doesn't. "-and I think something is stopping her from saying yes-" Oh! Really? "-so I want to make her jealous by dating you."

"That's your plan?" I raised my brow, keeping my face expressionless.

"Yes." He grinned. "Once she'll see me with someone, it'll work. I have planned it carefully."

"Why me? You can get any girl to fake date you." I felt my blood boiling, but I tried to keep calm.

"Because believe it or not, she's already jealous of you." He smirked. "And I know when she'll see me with you, it will break."

She's jealous of me? I'm already aware of that.

"And what made you think that I'll say yes?" I asked deadpan.

"It's obvious that you don't like her, Lexi. I thought that maybe you'll help me get on her nerves." He mischievously smiled.

"As you said, Jax, she's already jealous of me. I don't need to do anything else." I plastered a fake smile on my face and walked towards the door, but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"Please, Lexi, I'm desperate." I turned my head, looking into his deep eyes. "I don't want to leave for college without dating the girl I like, it's pathetic. Please help me out." He begged.

"There's nothing in it for me, Jax." I pulled my hand out of his grip. "You should have come with better terms." With that, I left him standing there.

I blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears and kept my face poker so that my emotions wouldn't get me, but it hurt.

He wanted to date me to get that bit*h and he thought I was going to help him?

As if!

* * * * *

Days went by like that. Jax tried to convince me every chance he got and I would ignore him. Emily and I were in the bathroom during lunch when I told her about his deal.

"He-He is such a... douchebag!" She screamed, looking annoyed. "I can't believe he would offer something like that!"

"I don't get it either." I scoffed, putting on my lipstick.

The door of the bathroom opened, and the bit*h entered.

"Well, well, well." She smirked, coming in with her viper. "Look who we found Vanessa... Miss plastic doll." She stood behind me.