Fourteen

I plugged the earphones out of his ears and looked at him in disbelief. "You are listening to songs on your phone in a movie theater."

He rolled his eyes and sat straight. "I already told you, Lexi. I don't like this. I don't even know what's going on in it."

"As your neighbor, it is my duty to make you like it." I gestured toward the screen and explained the story. "Viola is Sebastian's twin sister. She goes to her brother's school, dressed as him to play soccer. She fell in love with her roommate, who is Duke. But he is in love with this other girl, Olivia, and Olivia likes Sebastian, who is actually Viola..." I kept ranting and Noah listened to me attentively.

"If you already know the story. Why are you watching it again?" He inquired.

"Because it's Amanda and Channing," I said in a duh tone and his brows knitted in confusion. "You'll understand when you'll see it."

"Fine." He sunk into his seat and watched the movie. I smiled at him and turned my head towards the screen, ignoring Jax and Ivy, who were still babbling.

* * * * *

"I wonder how she changes so fast," Noah mumbled, making me giggle. The carnival scene was going on.

"It's a girl thing you can say."

"But girls take so much time in getting ready."

"We do it according to our mood and need." I shrugged.

The kissing booth scene came in which Viola and Duke were making out. I side glanced at Noah to see him awkwardly shifting in his seat.

"Why are you so uncomfortable, Noah?" I batted my eyelashes innocently at him and teased. "Are you imagining yourself kissing hot Viola?"

"Pft No." He muttered and folded his arms.

"Are you sure? I mean look at her." I gestured towards the screen on which Justin and Duke were now fighting. "She's really hot..." I stretched the word 'hot' and smirked at him.

He kept his head straight, and I continued teasing him. "Look at that body, those eyes and nose and..." I leaned in towards him and whispered. "Those pink sweet lips. Who wouldn't want to kiss them-"

I was caught off guard when he twisted his head abruptly and his eyes flickered to my lips. "I'm imagining someone else lips right now."

W. T. F.

My jaw literally dropped on the floor and I gawked at him tongue-tied. I averted my eyes from his suddenly dark gaze and spun my head towards the screen again.

Did he just-?

"What happened, Lexi?" He whispered, leaning in my ear. "Done teasing?"

His breath on my ear made my entire body tremble and I gripped the seat arms tightly like I might fall.

"I- I..." I trailed off and my heart bounced in my chest. My breaths came out shaky and I felt my cheeks burning.

"I can tell you were also thinking of someone." He added, making me sink in my seat. "Who were you imagining, Lexi?"

Shit! What am I supposed to do now?!

"What are you two talking about?" Jax asked, saving me from getting embarrassed.

"Nothing," Noah cleared his throat, leaning back in his seat and Jax raised his brows at me.

"I-I was explaining to him the plot," I stuttered and swallowed hard feeling my throat dry. "I need to use the restroom. Excuse me." I jolted up from my seat, avoiding eye contact with Noah, and ran outside.