Twenty-nine

On Wednesday, I paced my living room as I waited for Jax to pick me up. Darren was driving Noah and Emily to the bowling alley directly.

Yesterday after lunch everyone left immediately. It was awkward for me how I reacted when Kevin told me about them coming with us. Noah looked sad, and I tried to talk to him but didn't get any chance.

I honestly didn't have any problem with spending more time with Noah, but I was afraid of what was going on in Kevin's head.

At school today, I tried to find Kevin and to ask him what was he up to, but he would always turn the other way whenever he saw me coming in his direction and whenever I called him it went straight to voicemail.

I was having a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Kevin was definitely up to something. He invited Noah and Darren meant there was definitely something running in his thickhead, otherwise, he wouldn't have given a damn about it, because the last time when we went to the movies with everyone he only came because I forced him.

A horn cut through my train of thought. Quickly grabbing my bag, I gave one last look in the mirror. I wore a grey crop sweater with black tight ripped jeans and white sneakers.

I ran outside, locking the door behind me, and strode to Jax's car. He was getting out for the door, but I gestured for him to stay and opened the door myself, settling in the passenger seat.

"You look anxious," Jax asked, giving me a once-over.

"I'm fine," I replied, sinking into my seat.

"Ok..." He trailed off, not knowing what else to say, and started his car.

We silently sat in his car until his phone rang. I side glanced as Jax picked it up. He smirked and put it back.

"Who was it?" I asked curiously.

"Ivy." He simply replied.

I arched my brow at him. "You are not answering it?" I darted my eyes at the phone, which was still ringing.

"No." He answered and turned his head towards me. "Last night she called asking to meet today since it's been a while since we hang out together."

"And you said..." I already know the answer since he's beside me.

"I said no."

"Why?" I asked curiously. I never thought he had in him to say no to Ivy.

"Have to make her run after me." He gave me a smirk.

"Honestly, I never thought that you'd ignore her." I gave him a look.

"This isn't the first time." My brows knitted in confusion, but he continued. "And I'm learning," he glanced at me and grinned, "I got you as my teacher." I chuckled, shaking my head.

Wow. Jax was finally learning to ignore Ivy. Now I wondered if it was a good thing or not. I turned my head towards the window and watched the trees pass by.

* * * * *

We reached the bowling alley after a few minutes and saw Natasha and Jim standing outside waiting for us. I glanced one last time in the rare view mirror to see my makeup and got out of the car.

Jax came by my side and grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. I frowned at our hand, then at Jax. He winked at me and dragged me towards our friends.

Jim and Natasha stood grinning as we approach them. "Hi." Natasha greeted us with a sly grin, eyeing our hands.

I rolled my eyes and greeted her back. Now I got why Jax did it. He had to show everyone that we are a 'couple'. I glimpsed at Jax as he chatted with Jim.