Thirty-two

"Are you sure about this?"

We stood in front of Miss Maddox as she read our recipe and eyed us.

It was Thursday and everyone was submitting their recipe one by one. Some got rejected because according to Miss Maddox, their recipe wasn't unique. Darren and Emily's recipe got accepted, and now it was our turn.

"Absolutely." Noah and I beamed at her, standing side by side.

"You don't have to just submit the recipe." She looked back at the paper. "You actually have to prepare this in the given time."

I rolled my eyes at her. "We are aware of that Miss Mad-" she glared at me, "-dox."

"Fine." She sighed, leaning back in her seat. "It's up to you if you don't make it on time, your marks will deduct." I opened my mouth to speak, but she continued. "Then don't say that I didn't warn you." She waved her hand, dismissing us.

I scowled at her, turned around, going to my seat with Noah. "Can you believe her?" I started as I sat down, glaring at Miss Mad. "You actually have to prepare this," I said, mimicking her. "Like we didn't know that."

Noah chuckled in his seat. I side glanced and studied him. His cheeks lift and his eyes wrinkled from the corner as he laughs, his beautiful mouth curved up as I stared at him.

For some reason, he looked extra good today.

"What?" I blinked my eyes as Noah watched me. "You're staring at me again, Lexi." I was about to open my mouth, but he continued. "And don't say you were thinking about something."

"I was- I mean, I am!" I stuttered. "I am thinking about our practical next week, for which we have to practice on the weekend and the exams after that." He squinted his eyes at me. "You know how difficult exams can be." I gave him a stressful look.

"Says the honor student." He scoffed, leaning in his seat.

"They have to work hard too," I replied, narrowing my eyes at him. "Everything is not an easy A." His eyes grew big, I gave him a cheeky grin and turned my head in front as Miss Maddox started our class.

* * * * *

On Friday night, I sat on my bed scrolling through my social media account with my face pack on when my phone pinged. I opened the message and saw it was from Noah; I grinned and yes, I finally got his number!

I could have gotten it easily from anyone, but I wanted him to give it to me.

Noah😍: When are we practicing for our recipe?

Me: Sunday, my house.

Because Kevin is throwing a party tomorrow.

And he won't give us a chance to do it then😒

Noah😍: Is he serious about the waitress thing?

Me: It's Kevin, you can expect things like this from him🙄

But fear not my subordinate, I shall protect you.

Noah😍: My hero!

I burst out laughing at that.

Me: Are you making fun of me? 💀

Noah😍: Me? I wouldn't dare.

Me: good 😏

I waited for a few minutes but there wasn't any reply after that, maybe we were done. I was about to put my phone away when it pinged again.