Forty-three

Noah and I spend the rest of the time together in the treehouse talking about our days there, my mom and his parents.

The reason Noah took Home Ec. was because of what happened to his father. After his accident he was in bed for months, his lower body couldn't work properly and his mom had to do a job to pay the bills.

She didn't allow Noah to do anything because she wanted him to concentrate on his studies. While his mom was out working, Noah used to do house chores and he was terrible at it, so that was why he took this class, so he could at least learn to do some work.

I told him about my mommy and the time I spend in New York with my parents. I studied my two years privately because I didn't want to leave my mommy's side.

Even though she was in bed and weak, she still helped me with my work and we used to play games and watch cooking shows together just to take our minds off the situation.

It really hurt me to see her with all those machines and long tubes in his hands and nose, but I knew she was strong and wanted me to be too, that's why I never gave up.

I told him about my dad and his busy days and how he cope up with mommy's death by working all day and night.

After our chat, Emily called asking about my whereabouts, so I told her the location of the treehouse. She came there with Darren and Kevin.

"Seriously?" Kevin said, looking around the treehouse and scowled. "This was the only place you could think of." He huffed.

I ignored him and went towards him, hugging him tightly. "Thank you for beating Jax, but it wasn't necessary to beat him to a pulp."

"He deserved it." He scoffed, then gave me a lopsided grin. "Besides, I had fun. I always wanted to do that." I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"We brought pizza too." Darren grinned and as of cue, our bellies grumbled.

We ate and talked about different stuff when out of the blue Kevin asked Noah.

"You still play guitar?" I mid-paused in my bit and looked between them wide-eyed.

"A little," Noah murmured, lightly shrugging his shoulder.

"How the hell do you know about it?" I asked Kevin.

"He learned from my uncle." He said in a duh tone.

I opened and closed my mouth, looking between them. Kevin looked at my curious face and continued.

"After you left for New York, I was kind of alone. I hated Jax's guts and Ivy bit*hiness but Noah and stayed in touch. We spend that summer together and used to learn guitar from my uncle. I couldn't learn it well since I was interested in outdoor sports, but Noah continued to learn."

"And you never told me this before because...?" I trailed off, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Because you weren't interested." He smirked. My eyes grew enormous, and I cast a glance at Noah, who sat with his head ducked.

I turned my angry gaze turned Kevin who gave me a sly smile.

A**hole.

Emily changed the topic, getting us out of the awkward situation, and told us about the situation in high school. Half of the school was on my side saying what Jax did was worse and some thought it was a drunken mistake I should forgive him.

They didn't know about the truth and I didn't hate Jax for sleeping with Ivy, because for all I care he could sleep with anyone he wanted, but I was mad that he should have at least ended it between us first and we could have avoided this situation.