Fifty-four

After blurting my feelings, I glanced at Kevin, who sat there blinking at me.

"Ok." He mumbled. My brows snapped in confusion as I watched him sip his drink.

"Ok?" I repeated. "That's all you are going to say? Ok?" I gaped.

"What else do you want me to say?" He frowned.

I snorted, looking at him in disbelief, and jumped to my feet. "I just told you I like a guy and saw him kissing someone else and all you said is ok?" I huffed, putting my hands on my hips as I glared standing in front of him.

"Did you tell him?" He asked, tilting his head.

"What?" My face scrunched in confusion.

"That you like him."

I gulped and crossed my arms, looking away from him. "No..."

"Then he did nothing wrong." He plainly said.

"I'm not saying that he did something wrong." Groaning, I plucked beside him again. "I'm just saying that... It hurts seeing him and..." I whispered, putting my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes to stop the tears that were building again.

"I know how it feels." He said, rubbing my arm.

"No, you don't." I shook my head. "You don't know because you never experienced the one you like kissing someone else."

"I have." I glanced at him in confusion when he cut me off by getting another can. "Drink it'll help with the pain." I darted my eyes between him and the can. "Trust me... I'm saying from experience."

* * * * *

"You're bored! You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something missing."

"You arrogant son of a bit*h."

"Would you just stay with me?"

"Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fighting!"

"Well, that's what we do! We fight! You tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a bit*h, and I tell you when you're being a pain in the a**! Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. They have like a two-second rebound rate and you're back doing the next pain in the a** thing."

I blew my nose as I sat crossed legs on the couch and watched Noah and Allie fight.

"... Will you just picture your life for me, 30 years from now, 40 years from now? Whats it looks like? If it's with that guy, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I could do it again. If I thought it's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out."

"What easy way? There is no easy way! No matter what I do, somebody gets hurt!"

"Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?"

"It's not that simple-"

"What do you want? Goddammit, what do you want?!"

"...I have to go."

"No! Don't leave your Noah, Allie! You are going to regret it!" I wept as I watched her drive away from Noah.

"Stop it, Lexi." Kevin groaned beside me. "This isn't the first time you're watching Notebook. You know they are going to end up together-"

"Shhh!" I glared at Kevin, putting my hand on his mouth, then turned my eyes back to Allie as she read Noah's letter. "Let me cry all I want!"

I stuffed my face with popcorns and drank the can in my hand. I had no idea how many I drunk, but they were showing their effects on me.