Twenty-two

"I still can't believe you're going with Kevin." I glanced at Emily from the mirror. She was wearing her shoes as she sat on my bed.

She uncomfortably shifted in her place. "Um... Well you know he asked me and I didn't have anyone else to go with either, so I thought maybe we could go, like friends obviously, but then-"

"Em." I stopped her rambling and turned towards her. "I'm not mad. You should go with whomever you want." I smiled. "But if he tries something funny or makes you sad, just lemme know. I'll teach him a lesson."

She giggled, shaking her head. "Alright."

I turned towards the mirror and applied my lipstick. It was finally homecoming dance night. Emily and I were in my room getting ready, and the boys were waiting downstairs for us.

I glanced at my red off-shoulder dress that reached my mid-thighs. I straightened my wavy hair and wore high heels. Whirling around, I looked at Emily, who finished wearing her heels. She wore a white cute dress printed with yellow flowers that reached her knees.

"Ready?" I asked, getting my purse.

"Yes." She answered, taking her stuff, and we went downstairs.

Our heels clicked as we descend the stairs. Kevin and Jax came out of the living room smiling at us, I observed both boys.

Jax wore a blue suit on a white shirt with a bow tie and black pants, while Kevin wore a black shirt with a grey vest and pants. I had to admit they look handsome.

"Look at you two..." I whistled, looking at them from head to toe. "You both have cleaned up nicely," I smirked.

"What can I say?" Kevin adjusted his collar and gave me a lopsided grin. "I know, I'm handsome already." I raised my brow at him in amusement. "I just don't go around screaming it on people's faces." He said, side glancing at Jax.

"Are you calling me a narcissist?" Jax asked, squinting his eyes at him.

Kevin scoffed, jamming his hands in his pockets. "I don't give a damn about you or-"

"Why don't we leave?" I sternly looked at Kevin, who matched my glare.

"We are already late," Emily mumbled from behind, looking at us.

"Let's go, Jax." I smiled and interlocked our arms getting out. We went towards Jax's car, and Emily and Kevin went towards his.

Jax opened the door for me, I smiled and thanked him getting in carefully not to ruin my expensive dress. Jax closed the door and went towards the driver's seat.

"Ready?" He asked, starting his car.

"Hm..." I replied, looking out the window.

"By the way." From the corner of my eye, I saw him giving me his charming smile. "You look great tonight."

"Thank you." I smiled, but it faded quickly.

"You alright?"

"Yup." I replied popping the 'p'.

"You don't look excited." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'll get excited when I'll wear the homecoming crown," I smirked, giving him a side glance.

"You look pretty confident about it." He gave me a lopsided grin. "Are you sure you'll win?"

"I know it'll be me, Jax." I beamed and turned my head, looking out again. Leaning my forehead on the window, I observed the tree passing by.

"I have something planned for tonight." That made me turn towards him. I examined him and he looked delighted.

"And what is that?" I asked, observing him. He gave me a smirk and continued driving. "You will not tell me?"