Fifty

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, calming myself.

Don't lose it, Lexi, stay cool.

After twenty minutes, I started my car and aimlessly drove when out of the blue my stomach grumbled. I clicked my tongue, shaking my head.

I ate nothing since last night.

My stomach continued to make loud noises, I drove around looking for some place to eat when I spot a small burger shop at the corner of the street. I parked my car outside in the parking lot and watched the sun setting.

I got out of my car and shivered as the October breeze flew. I glanced at the sky, which was filled with beautiful orange and yellow colors. Wrapping my arms around me, I rubbed them. The fallen leaves crunched under my steps as I walked towards the shop.

The bell chimed, and I entered the burger shop, going towards the counter. My eyes wandered around the small shop taking in the interior, they painted burgers on the walls with different quotes, there were few tables around the shop and a counter in the middle. This was my first time coming here.

"Excuse me?" I called the girl at the counter. She had her back to me. "I would like to order," I said, looking at the menu on the screen above.

"What can I get you, ma'am?" The girl turned around. "You got to be f**king me." She grunted. My eyes snapped to the girl and grew big when I recognized her.

"Ivy!" I smirked, giving her a once-over. "Long time no see." She wore an orange uniform and a hideous burger cap over her head. I chuckled and pointed at it. "That's a... really cool hat you got there."

She rolled her eyes and plastered a smile on her face. "What do you want to order ma'am?"

I raised my brow at how polite she was being. Her eyes darted to the left, I followed her gaze and saw a guy standing there; he looked like a manager. I grinned mischievously.

Let's have some fun.

"I would like to order..." I stretched each word looking at the menu and took my time. Ivy stood drumming her fingers on the counter, waiting for me with a scowl on her face. "A single patty burger."

She wrote it down. "Single patty-"

"Actually, no." She stopped writing. "I'll have a double patty burger." I batted my eyelashes innocently at her.

Her jaw clenched, but she still forced a smile. "Ok, double patty burger." She wrote it down, then looked at me. "Anything else."

"No." She turned around, and I continued. "Actually..." She halted in her steps. "I'll have some fries with it too."

She turned around and gritted through her teeth. "Small, medium, or big?"

"I'll take small." She wrote it down. "No, scratch that. I'll take big, I'm starving!" I exaggerated, rubbing my belly.

She furiously cut the words and wrote big, then I continued. "But big will be too big for me, don't you think." I pouted.

She ducked her head, and I watched her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths. "Can you first decide what you want, ma'am?" She said through gritted teeth.

"Ok... give a minute then." I skimmed through the menu again as Ivy threw the page and got another. "I will take a double patty- No single-patty cheeseburger, single because I'm taking fries too, I don't want to get fat right," Ivy rolled her eyes, "I will take medium fries... no make it small and pizza fries but don't put an olive in it, I really don't like that stuff and I'll have a big shake... no small because I don't think I'll be able to eat that much-"