Twenty-three

I stood in my place frozen and my drink accidentally slipped from my hand crashing on the ground.

"Shit!" Jax yelped, looking at the broken glass, then at me. "Lexi." He grabbed my shoulder, shaking me. "You alright?"

"Huh?" I blinked my eyes.

He frowned as his eyes darted over my face. "You look like you've seen a ghost or something. What happened?" He grabbed my cheek with his other hand. "You're cold."

I backed away, shrugging his grip. "I need to use the bathroom. Excuse me."

"Wait what-"

I didn't wait for him to finish the sentence and ran outside. Cursing at my luck that there was only one door, I dodged Noah and Ivy and sprinted towards the nearest bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, I took a deep breath, not even realizing I was holding it and glanced in the mirror.

Jax was right, I look pale.

A girl came out of the stall. Ignoring her, I got into another stall and locked the door behind. I sat on the toilet seat, and my chest rose and fall with rapid breaths. burying my face in my palms, I waited for the girl to go. I heard her heels clicking, and as soon as the door closed, I screamed my guts out.

"WHAT THE F**K! AAAAAA!" I screamed like that for a few seconds, then sat straight, feeling a little better after shouting.

I got out of the stall and stood in front of the mirror, leaning my hands on the counter and gripping it tightly. I took long breaths and tried to control my shaking my body and the anger that was boiling inside me.

Noah and Ivy.

Noah and Ivy?!!!

"F**K!" I yelled and paced around the bathroom.

Is Ivy the girl Noah likes?!

How could that be possible, he said that the girl he wanted to go with was going with someone else and... Shit, Jax!

Jax must have told Noah before that he was taking Ivy, but when he asked me in front of everyone, that's when Noah got Jax would not bring Ivy and must have asked her then.

I gripped my hair tightly and stopped pacing. "F**k... F**k... Mother fuc-"

"Lexi?" I halted and deliberately turned my head towards the voice. Emily stood there with wide eyes, staring at me. "What are you doing?" She closed the door and came inside cautiously.

"Em..." I let go of my hair and my hands fall by my side, I sighed in defeat and hung my head low. "I f**ked up,"

"What?" She stood in front of me. Placing her fingers under my chin, she lifted my face. "What's f**ked up?" I looked into her concerned brown eyes that reminded me so much of my mom's.

"Everything." I whimpered, closing my eyes, and plopped my head on her shoulder. "Noah came with Ivy."

"Okay..." She trailed off, sounding confused.

"Out of millions of girls in this world, he came with Ivy." I clenched my jaw. Emily placed her hands on my back and rubbed me lightly. "And you know what that means?"

"What?"

"He likes her." I choked.

"And you like Noah." I jerked my head from her shoulder and stared at her wide eyes. "What?"

"I like Noah." I let out a mirthless laugh. Emily looked at me confused. I continued laughing and didn't know why. "I like Noah," I repeated, looking in the mirror. "Shit."