Six

I couldn't get rid of Noah's expressions the entire weekend. To keep my mind off him, I called Emily for a girl's night on Sunday. I always called her to stay the night and she would come happily. Her parents knew me well, and they let her stay at my house whenever she wanted.

"When's your dad coming back?" Emily asked, applying her toe paint.

"IDK," I muttered so I wouldn't crack my egg mask as I lay on my bed peacefully.

My dad's never been home lately. He's a lawyer and always goes to different cities and states for his cases. He's a well-known and demanded lawyer. Since my mom left us, he buried himself in his work and that was his way to cope, I think.

He's always busy and I didn't mind it because I also kept myself occupied. Either I'm shopping or in a salon. Cooking all day, or going on long drives alone. Most of the time I'm at Kevin's house or call Emily here.

A maid would come by when I'm in high school to do chores and clean the house and leave before I come back. Otherwise, the entire house is empty.

"Can I ask you something?" Emily asked cautiously.

"You just did," I smirked but wince when my mask stretched.

"Ha, ha. Hilarious." She rolled her eyes at me, then got serious. "Why are you helping Jax?" I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my mask and Emily continued. "What's in it for you? Because I know for a fact that you would never help him get Ivy. I want to know the real reason behind it."

I finished washing my face and grabbed a towel. Patting my face, I exit the bathroom and stood in front of my full-length mirror.

"You are getting smarter in my influence, Em," I smirked as I observed my face.

Egg masks really help.

She remained silent waiting for me to continue. "I'm obviously not stupid to help him get that bit*h. I am doing it for my benefit."

"What benefit?" She tilted her head.

"To make my way into Jax's heart." I grinned at confused-looking Emily. "He thinks that I'm helping him to get Ivy when I'm going to do the total opposite."

"How?"

Pacing my room, I explained to Emily my true intentions.

"This 'deal' is the only reason he's talking to me. I'll act like a cupid and make him believe that I'm helping him to get Ivy. But in reality, I'll make him realize how much better I'm than her." I finished beaming at Emily. "And once I'll open his eyes..." I flipped my hair. "He'll forget that bit*h and will fall in love with me."

"It's like killing two birds with one stone." Emily interpreted everything I said. "Get on Ivy's nerves and make Jax fall for you."

"We have seen so many movies and it's like a universal thing now. When a guy and girl pretend to date..." I waved my hands while explaining to her. "They actually fall in love with each other. I already like Jax and now this way, he'll fall for me." I concluded and plopped on my bed.

"You think it will work?" She raised her brows.

"It always works." I beamed.

* * * * *

I parked my Mustang Shelby in my usual spot in the Pinewood High parking area. I got out of my car and slammed the door closed. Adjusting my pink crop top I wore with black jeans, I glanced at myself one last time in the side mirror and turned towards Emily, who got out of the passenger seat.

"Ready?" She smiled and nodded.

We strode towards Pinewood High and everyone around us watched us and whispered among themselves.