Forty-seven

"Sorry kiddo, you can't enter."

"Why?!" I shrieked loudly, getting everyone's attention, but ignored them and looked at Rupert with wide eyes. "Why can't he enter?"

It was Friday, Noah and I came to Music Mix to get him registered, when Rupert dropped the boom, rejecting Noah.

"Because you have to submit the notes of the music too." I rolled my eyes.

"Why does it matter if we don't have the notes? He is an amazing singer-" I jerked my head towards Noah, "- and you have witnessed that yourself with your very own eyes and many people were there too when Noah sang."

Rupert opened his mouth, but I held my finger, stopping him, and continued. "Witnesses are everything in court and if you don't want me to go and gathered alibi for Noah and bring them in front of the judges, get him registered and be done with this." I took a breath after finishing.

Rupert looked at me quizzically, with his lips slightly parted as he blinked his eyes. "Are you a lawyer?"

"No." I shrugged. "But my father is."

"That makes sense." He said under his breath. Noah beside me snickered at his reaction.

"Look, kiddo. This competition is for young singers to show their talent and we judge them for everything, including the choice of song, the instrument they choose to play with it and how well they play, and the music notes they write, which you didn't."

"We didn't even know we had to right that." I groaned in frustration. "If it's so important, then give us some time, we will write them now and give it to you." I looked at Noah. "How's that?"

"I don't know how to write them," Noah whispered, I gaped at him.

"But you play guitar, shouldn't you know how to write them too?"

"Kevin's uncle didn't exactly teach us that..." He mumbled, shaking his head. "It was a kind of hobby, I wasn't expecting to take part in a competition..."

"Then I'm sorry," Rupert said, putting his hand on Noah's shoulder, "no doubt you are talented, kiddo." He patted his shoulder. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a show to host." He gave us his charming smile and left.

"What are we going to do now?" I rubbed my hands over my face in frustration and leaned against the bar counter.

"It's alright Lexi," Noah said, standing beside me. "It's not a big deal-"

"Not a big deal? We worked the entire week for this, and why do you look so peaceful?" My eyes darted to his face. I was burning with fire and he was calm. "You should be angry... mad... I'm so furious that I want to bang Rupert's head in the wall."

Noah blinked at me, then burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes at him and turned towards the stage as Rupert started his show and clenched my jaw.

"I wish I would have brought some eggs to throw at him," I growled and looked away from him.

"He isn't bad, and it was our fault that we didn't read the rules properly." Noah calmly said.

I took a deep breath to soothe my anger and my eyes wandered in the crowd when they caught a familiar blonde woman that I was used to seeing twice a week, looking totally different.

"Is... Is that... Miss Maddox?" I pointed towards her. Noah's gaze drifted towards the crowd where I was pointing and his eyes widened.

"That is her."

"F**k... she looks hot!" The words flew out of my mouth before I could process them.

My eyes roamed over her sitting figure. Her blonde hair that I was so used to see in a tight bun was now falling straight over her back flawlessly. She was wearing a tight black long V-neck dress that reached her mid-thighs and hugged her body perfectly.