Eleven

On Thursday, I walked to Noah's seat and slammed my hands on the counter. He flinched in surprise and twisted his head towards me in confusion.

"What?"

"Today..." I grinned. "We have to make dessert."

"Ok...?" He blinked his green innocent eyes.

Last night I couldn't sleep because my mind kept pondering about Noah. I felt guilty for making him work alone, but then I thought that I also cooked alone and his excuse was that he didn't know what to do. My brain clicked and I decided to teach him. Noah's a fast learner and since this recipe involved his favorite ingredient, aka peanut butter, I knew he'll do it.

"We are going to make it together." I beamed and showed him the recipe on my phone. "It's easy AF, and it has peanut butter in it." I sang.

His eyes lit up, and his lips stretched into a huge smile. "What do we need to do?"

"It's simple. We take a Cheez-it and place some peanut butter on it then sandwich it with another Cheez-it. Then we'll dip it in melted chocolate and cool it down in the freezer for around fifteen minutes and Voilà! It's ready!" I finished explaining to him.

"That's easy." He bobbed his head.

"Then let's get to work." I clasped my hands together and beamed. I put the chocolate in the microwave to melt it while Noah placed peanut butter on the Cheez-its.

"Where did you learn to cook?" Noah asked while doing his work.

"I loved cooking since I was a kid. I used to cook at home all the time watching videos on YouTube. After failed attempts and almost burning the house, I learned it." I giggled at the memory.

"You're good at this."

I raised my eyebrow at his comment. "How do you know that?"

"I ate the sandwiches you made last week." He shrugged. I gaped at him in disbelief, making him shift uncomfortably. "W-what?"

"You ate my sandwiches," I repeated in amusement.

"I-I didn't want t-them to get w-wasted." I was about to tease him but stopped when the microwave beeped.

I took the melted chocolate out and Noah quickly finished the Cheez-its. Then we dipped them in the chocolate till they were properly coated and placed them in the freezer. I observed everyone else and saw them struggling with their desserts. Snickering at my fellows, I sat on the stool and waited for the Cheez-its to freeze.

"What now?" Noah asked, sitting on his stool. I peeked at his phone and got a brilliant idea.

"Now we'll wait... and to pass our time." I snapped my fingers and grinned. "I got an idea."

"What's going on in your head?" He scrutinized me as I grabbed my phone and earphones out of my bag.

"While we wait. We'll listen to each other's playlist." I put one earbud in my ear and passed him the other.

"Ok..." He hesitantly put it in his ear.

Honestly, I was curious about what he always listened to. This was the only way I could calm my curiosity.

"We'll shuffle our list and play whatever songs come next. One by one." I explained to him my game.

He shrugged his shoulders. "You go first."

I played the first song that came. It was 'Love Myself' by Hailee Steinfeld. I gave him a toothy grin and mimicked the lyrics.

"Yeah
When I get chills at night
I feel it deep inside without you, yeah
Know how to satisfy
Keeping that tempo right without you, yeah
Pictures in my mind on replay
I'm gonna touch the pain away
I know how to scream my own name
Scream my name
I love me!
Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else(Hey)
I love me!
Can't help myself, no, I don't need anybody else
anytime, day or night
I love me!!!"