Fifty-three

"Hi." Darren greeted them with a grin as we reached them.

"Hi." I smiled, but it quickly faded away when Emily narrowed her eyes at us.

"You are late."

"It was him."

"It was her."

Kevin and I said simultaneously, pointing at each other. Emily rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Sat down, Noah turn is after few performances."

I sat next to Emily and Kevin beside me. "Did you guy meet him?"

"Yes... and he was seriously anxious." I bit my lip, sinking in my seat.

"I wish I was there for him." I groaned, rubbing my hands on my face.

"He was looking for you," Emily said, making me halt. I glanced at her serious face.

"He was?"

She nodded her head, adjusting her glasses. "He thought you weren't coming because he changed the song and he kept going on and on... but we assured him you will."

"I wanted to meet him before the performance so bad, but..." I sighed as the band finished their performance and Rupert came.

I bit my lip as I watched him introduced some girl for performance. My eyes wandered around the audience and stopped at Noah's parents sitting few tables away from us. My lips curled into a smile as I watched them talking among themselves and looking happy.

The girl on the stage continued to sing in her sweet voice, and she was fantastic. I anxiously shifted in my seat as another guy came and performed. They all were good, I wondered how Noah must be feeling.

Finally, after a few amazing performances, Noah's turn came. I watched as he stepped on the stage and looked around the audience. He sat on the chair in the middle and tuned his guitar. I glanced around, waiting for Elizabeth, but she was nowhere to be found.

My gaze snapped back to Noah, who sat there taking deep breaths. I watched his Adam's apple bobbed as he looked back up.

"Go, Noah!" Darren cheered, making him looked towards us. He smiled at him, then his eyes shifted towards me.

I gave him an encouraging smile and showed him my thumbs up. His smile turned into a grin and he closed his eyes and played his guitar.

My brows furrowed in confusion at the music. It was not the one he sang with Elizabeth. My eyes grew enormous when he opened his mouth and sang the song we practiced together.

"I fell by the wayside, like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you
But I was just kidding myself
Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone
All I hear are the words that I needed to say..."

My entire body lit up as I listened to him. I couldn't believe my ears for a second.

He is singing our song!

"When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal but this won't..."

I honestly was disappointed when he said he was performing another song with Elizabeth but after hearing him singing our song... I was overwhelmed.

"Was never the right time, whenever you called
Went little, by little, by little until there was nothing at all
Our every moment, I start to replay
But all I can think about is seeing that look on your face..."