Nine

Standing in front of my mirror, I observed myself in a white sleeveless top with long peach pants. I parted my long wavy brown hair from the middle and kept them open. It was our date night and I was waiting for Jax to come.

I posed in front of the mirror in different ways and checked myself. I've indeed changed a lot in these past years but I think it was for the better. I mean I got prettier, classier and I have more sense of fashion.

So, why Noah said it wasn't for the better?

My phone pinged and I checked it to see a message from Jax that he was outside. I grabbed my purse and gave one last glance in the mirror.

I won't let Noah's words affect me.

Plastering a smile on my face, I descended the staircase and walked towards the door. I swung the door open and saw Jax in a light blue button-up shirt with dark blue jeans looking good as always.

His eyes darted over my figure as he examined my dress and then smiled at me. "You look pretty."

"Tell me something I don't know," I smirked and closed the door behind me. Jax waited for me to finish and we walked towards his car. "Wait. Let's take a selfie first."

I switched my phone's front camera and found a delicate angel on my face. Jax came from behind and put his head over my shoulder. I clicked a few pictures so I can choose from them.

He opened the passenger door for me, and I got inside, thanking him. He jogged to his side and started his car.

"I reserved seats at a restaurant Natasha told me about. She mentioned the food quality there is good." I hummed in response as I examined the pictures.

Jax sits at our table during lunch now. He had no difficulty fitting in with my crowd, because one, he's also popular and two, he got a friendly nature. He makes friends with a snap of his fingers.

I finally choose a picture in which both of us looked cute and showed it to Jax. "I'm posting this one."

"They all look the same to me." He frowned at the pictures.

"Boys." I rolled my eyes at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, focusing on the road again.

"Nothing," I muttered as I uploaded the picture and giggled. "Ivy's eyes will pop out of her sockets when she'll see this."

"She still hasn't talked to me." Jax sighed. "Do you think I should-"

"Have patience." I gave him my sweetest smile. "She'll come running to you. Trust me."

He nodded and parked his car outside a fancy restaurant. It was predictable. Whenever I go out with any guy, they bring me to an expensive restaurant.

Jax came to my side and opened the door for me. Getting out, I adjusted my dress and linked our arms as we entered the gates. The restaurant was luxurious like every other one. The server took us to our seats and helped me sit. I smiled and thanked him.

"Good evening. I'll be your server for tonight." He gave us menus and smiled at me. "What would you like to drink?"

I've come to this place so many times that I've memorized the whole menu. Whenever I dated a guy they'd bring me to this place saying the quality of food here is good. I suspected Natasha might be the reason behind this.

"I'll take Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri," I ordered without looking at the menu.

"Have you come here before?" Jax inquired.

"Every restaurant has it." I shrugged and opened the menu. There's no need to tell him the truth. He'll only feel bad.

Jax ordered his drink and the waiter wrote it down then left us. I skimmed through the menu even though I knew every meal in it already.