Eight

People wouldn't stop gossiping about me and Jax going on a date. The video was long forgotten, and I was happy about it. I still haven't gotten my hands on the one who posted it.

On Thursday in Home Ec. class, I observed everyone suspiciously and looked for any clue to know who might have posted it, but nothing.

Sighing, I peeked at Noah, who sat in the same place as last time, doing nothing. Today we had to make two fresh salads and present them creatively. I already cut the vegetables myself and it was time to do the presentation.

Casting one last nasty glance at Noah, I went towards the crockery section. Everyone was still busy cutting their ingredients. I searched for the best dish to present my salads and found one on the top shelf. I tried to reach it but failed, even though I was wearing heels I couldn't reach it.

Great!

I tried again but halted when out of the blue a hand came from behind and grabbed the dish. I whirled on my heels to scold the person who was trying to steal my dish but paused when I saw it was Noah.

"Here." He extended the dish towards me and I scoffed, shoving it back in his hands.

"I don't need your help."

"Don't be stubborn, just take it," Noah pushed it back into my hands.

"Oh, now you want to be the hero and save the world." His brows knitted in confusion. "I did everything myself, I can do this too." I flatly said and gave him the dish back.

"You didn't ask for any help, Lexi." He argued.

"I didn't ask you right now either." I retorted.

"I'm helping now, aren't I?"

"I don't need your help to ruin everything like before." We continued to push the dish back and forth between us.

"You're blaming me for what happened?" He halted and pressed his lips into a tight line.

"Yes. It was because of you." I snapped.

"But I did nothing."

"Exactly!" I exclaimed. "You just sat there doing nothing and because of you I got angry and did that."

"Whatever." He scoffed, taking the dish back. I grasped it from the other side and pulled it towards me.

"What do you mean, whatever? You aren't even sorry for that." I narrowed my eyes.

"I didn't do it on purpose, so why would I apologize." He yanked the dish back with force. I jerked forward but kept my grip on it.

"If you wouldn't have been sitting in the corner like someone took away your toy. Nothing would have happened," I clasped the dish with both hands and tugged it back. But he seized it tightly not even budging from his place.

"You shouldn't have lied to me." He snapped.

I gasped. "I never lied to you!"

"Yes, you did. You said you and Jax weren't dating."

"Because we weren't dating!" I gritted and continued yanking the dish with all my power.

"See you're lying again." He fumed.

"I never lied to you." I bored my eyes into his green one.

His eyes darted between mine then he turned his head the other way. "Whatever." He muttered and let go of the dish unconsciously.

Abruptly, I jolted back because of the force I was pulling it with and my feet stumbled. My back hit the shelf and I squeezed my eyes shut when the shelf fell from one side and all the dishes one by one crashed on the floor.