Thirty

"So...?" I glared at Kevin.

He planned everything skillfully, and I thought I was good with plans. He deliberately called only Natasha and Jim so there'll be only eight people and can easily be divided into two teams.

If I can't choose Noah, then I'm definitely not choosing Jax. I have made that mistake in the past and I will not repeat it.

"I'm going to make my team," I exclaimed calmly, folding my arms around my chest.

"What?" They all gave me confused look. Now that I said that out loud, it sounded stupid.

"Jax and Noah can be the two teams and I'll make the third-" I smirked at confused Kevin. "-with Kevin."

"How is this even going to work?" Jax asked.

"Yeah." Darren backed him up. "I'll be odd teams also, we three and you two."

"Emily and Natasha don't even play, it'll be two people per team." I shrugged.

"Wouldn't it be easy if you choose one team?" Kevin glared in irritation.

Now he's getting annoyed that I ruined his plans.

I clicked my tongue. "Why Kevin?" I pouted. "Are you afraid to lose from them?" I retorted, jerking my head towards Noah and Jax.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Fine." I gave him a sly grin.

Ha! Lexi 1, Kevin 0.

"Okay... So it's me, Jax." Jim said, looking around. "Noah, Darren and Kevin, Lexi." Everyone agreed, and I sighed in relief.

That was a close one.

I regained my posture and went towards Kevin. "Now that we're a team." I clenched his arm. "Let's decide our strategy." Digging my nails into his arm, I dragged him away from the others.

"Ouch!" Kevin yelped, shrugging my grip. "That hurts!" He winced, glaring at me.

"WTF is going in your head, Kevin!" I growled, flickering his forehead.

"F**k!" He rubbed his forehead. "You're so violent, you know that!" I crossed my arms and looked at him deadpan. "What?"

"What?!" I snapped. "Don't what me and try to act innocent!"

"Why are you getting so furious?" He asked smirking at me. "It was a simple choice to make." He leaned in and whispered. "Why was it hard for you to choose your boyfriend?"

My eyes grew enormous for a second, but I composed myself. "It isn't about choosing my boyfriend-"

"Then what is it?" He asked, getting serious again. "Tell me and I'll stop." He stepped closer to me, boring his eyes into mine. I stared at him, opening and closing my mouth like a fish, not knowing what to say.

He will not leave things until I tell him the truth, but I can't.

He leaned in front of me, so close that our noses almost touched. "If you won't tell me, then I'll find out about it myself." He whispered and backed away, going back to the group, leaving me gawking at him.

Shit! I have to divert his attention from this or else he'll do anything to get it out!

I groaned, rubbing my face, and went back to our spot.

"Rules are simple. The team that comes second will pay for the dinner after this game and the last-place team will be slaves for the weekend for the winners..." Kevin explained his own made-up rules. I rolled my eyes and plopped and the couch.

"I'll go first," Jim smirked at us, rubbing his hands in anticipation. He got up and took a ball and grinned back at us. "Are you ready to lose?"

Time will tell about that.