Twenty-eight

"Kevin," I whispered in disbelief as he stood in front of me grinning. "What are you doing-" He didn't even let me finish the sentence and pushed past me to get in.

"Do you really think I'd let you guys party without me?" He gave me a mischievous look.

I groaned and slammed the door closed. "We are not here for a party! We have work-"

"Yeah, yeah." He waved his hands, striding towards the kitchen. "You are here to study." He turned his head slightly and gave me a sly grin. "I'll help you guys." I followed him to the kitchen.

I knew he was up to something!

"Hola Amigos!" He greeted, putting his hands on his hips as he observed everyone. "You don't start a party without Kevin Eleven."

I scoffed at him, getting in my seat. Darren and Noah greeted him as he sat on the stool in the middle. Emily gave me a questioning look, and I shrugged.

"What do we have here?" Kevin grinned, rubbing his hands together.

"As I said." I gestured towards the books. "We are here to find a recipe."

"I can help you guys." He grinned and took a book, flipping through its pages. "Hmm..." He inspected a page, then turned it towards us. "You can make this, easy-peasy."

I arched my brow at the full-baked pork. "Why don't you try it?" I growled at him.

"Why? It looks easy." He turned the book towards himself again and turned the pages. I rolled my eyes and got back to my book.

Every once in a while Kevin would show us a weird recipe saying that we can make it. I muted him out and concentrated on my book. I had to search for something that Noah and I can make together easily and without ruining or breaking anything.

Kevin continued with his stupidity, making me lose my patience, and I finally snapped. "Why the hell are you even here Kevin?!"

"What?" He pouted, giving me a sad look. "Can't I be here with my friends?"

"Shouldn't you be bowling with your other friends?" I retorted.

"They canceled the plan." He smirked. I clenched my jaw.

Of course, they did, that's why he is even here!

I gritted my teeth. "Why don't you-"

"Ah-ha!" Darren out of the blue exclaimed. We all looked at him in confusion and he gave a sheepish smile. "I think I found our recipe." He darted his eyes towards Emily.

"You did?" Emily and I asked simultaneously. He grinned, bobbing his head, and showed us.

"De-Lightful Tuna Casserole." I read the recipe name and looked at the instructions.

"Are you sure we can make it?" Emily asked, reading the instructions.

"It seems easy." Darren shrugged. "And it's creative and old, I don't think I have seen or eaten anything like this."

Emily nodded. "Guess we found our recipe."

I plopped back on my seat and closed the book I was reading, taking a new one. Darren, the oblivious guy who doesn't know a thing about cooking, found his recipe, and me?

I growled and flipped the pages furiously. I felt everyone's gaze at me but I ignored them and after a second or two, the bell rang.

I closed the book loudly and took a deep breath. "I wonder who could that be!" Kevin said in a high-pitched tone.

I glared at him and gestured towards the door. "Why don't you get it." I sneered.

He grinned ear to ear. "Oh, I'll get it." Kevin was acting weird, not that it was a new thing, but today he was a hundred times more annoying.