Four

Days went by like that and people got a great idea about me and Jax, and now it was time for phase two. On Friday, I went to my former friends' table at lunch with a pretty smile on my face.

My gaze involuntarily darted to Noah first. He sat there quietly, playing with his food. He didn't talk to me in Home Ec. class yesterday. I didn't know how to start a conversation either, so I also kept quiet. His reaction still bugged me, but I didn't know what to say.

I blame Miss Mad for this.

"Hello everyone." I greeted them in a fake cheerful tone. "It's a lovely day, isn't it?" I glanced out through the window behind them.

They all blinked at me in surprise while Jax smiled, getting up from his seat.

"Lexi. What do we owe for this pleasure visit?" He purred trying to be seductive, I blinked at him.

He's terrible at this.

"I wanted to invite you all to Kevin's party tomorrow." I ran my finger down his arm in a flirty way. "You'll come, right?" I fluttered my eyelashes.

Kevin threw amazing parties, and we invited only particular people. Everyone dies to come but few make it.

"Of course." He grinned and plopped his arm around my shoulders. "We'll all come."

"No, we won't." Ivy barked, narrowing her eyes at me. "We have more important things to do."

"I have nothing important to do-" Darren said from his seat and groaned when Vanessa elbowed him in his stomach.

Ouch! Why is he with this viper again?

"I don't care about you all." Sweetly smiling at them, I turned to Jax. "I'll wait for you," I winked at him and left.

Oh, the look on Ivy's face was worth it!

* * * * *

When I entered Kevin's house, the party was swinging effortlessly. I made my way inside. Everyone greeted me on the way, and I nodded my head in acknowledgment. Even though only a specific crowd was invited to the party, Kevin's house was packed. The atmosphere inside was hot, the lights were dull and the music was loud but not preaching.

Some were dancing on the dance floor, which was in the middle of the living room, and some making out and grinding in the corner, making me gag.

Get a room, people!

I shook my head and went inside looking for my targets when I found Emily in the corner standing alone, as always.

"Are they here?" I stood next to her and observed the party.

"No." I sighed in irritation. "Are you sure they're going to come?" She pushed her glasses back and glimpsed at me.

"Oh, they will," I smirked. "How do I look?" Twirling around, I showed her my outfit.

I wore a black spaghetti strap crop top and ripped blue shorts with black velvet shoes. I let my wavy brown hair open and gathered them over my left shoulder.

"You look perfect, Lexi." Emily smiled.

"Thank you." I curtsied. "And as for you," I observed her white and black stripe shirt with black jeans and a light blue jacket. I pulled her hair out of the ponytail, messing it. "Now you look good." I beamed.

"Here are my favorite girls!" Kevin came out of nowhere and hugged us tightly. "You look stunning as always my queen." He bowed and kissed the back of my hand.

"You don't look bad either, Mr. Knight." He wore a blue button-up shirt with black pants. Kevin has a great sense of fashion.

He chuckled and looked at Emily, smiling. "I like your hair today. You should let it open more often. It looks good on you."