Forty-two

I drove my car aimlessly after running from Jax's house. I tightened my grip on the staring wheel and winced as the pain shoot my hand.

I looked at my hand and sighed when I saw it bruised. I really didn't care about Jax f**king anyone, but he should have thought about it before doing it.

Everyone knows we were 'dating' and didn't know the reality, and now they think Jax cheated on me with Ivy and are pitying me.

Damn it, Jax. You seriously jeopardize my reputation!

I was this strong girl everyone looked up to and now they look at me as the girl who got cheated on because she wasn't enough.

"F**k you, Jax!" I screamed and halted my car.

I couldn't get back to Pinewood High now and I sure as hell couldn't go home because dad's there. Groaning, I put my forehead on the staring wheel and looked around the tree when it clicked. Switching my car on again, I drove towards it.

* * * * *

Parking my car outside the woods, I went in and thanked God that I wore snickers today as I walk in through the rocky path.

I glanced at the treehouse and flashbacks of the memories with my friends here came to mind. I stepped forward but halted when I heard the rustling of leaves. I turned my head towards the sound.

"Is anyone there?!" I yelled and looked around. "Hello?!" I shrugged my shoulders when I found no one there.

Maybe it's the wind.

I went towards the ladder, as my foot met the step it squeaked. I carefully ascend it and looked around to see if anyone else was here, but found no one.

The old treehouse door creaked as I opened it and enter. I looked around the treehouse and my lips automatically curved into a smile.

This place still looks the same.

My brows knitted in confusion when I saw everything cleaned.

It's been years, shouldn't this place be crawling with spiders and covered in dust?

My eyes went to the foam around the corner, and it looked like a bed. Maybe someone came here, but the setting was still the same as I remembered, and there were pictures of me and my friends on the wall.

Maybe someone from us still comes here.

I went towards the wall and glanced at the pictures. There were different pictures, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

I traced the picture with my finger on which all of us were together. Jax, Noah, Ivy, Kevin, Vanessa, and me. I took the picture of and observed it.

We all looked so happy. A tear rolled down my cheek onto the photograph. I cleaned my cheek with the back of my hand and leaned against the wall beside. Sliding to the floor, my eyes roamed around the treehouse.

This picture was taken when we finished building this treehouse. It took us whole summer to build this with the help of Noah's father. We used to have so much fun here and had so many night overs.

I chuckled at the memory of us playing pillow fight, and I broke Ivy's tooth. Instead of crying, she was happy that it finally broke.

The first time we played truth and dare here because we thought we were old enough to play and Kevin and I kissed each other, I shivered at the thought of that.

I glanced in the corner and saw the fake drums we made and used to do concerts. Jax and I would do the lead singers roll and Noah played the drums while others would cheer for us.