Twenty-four

Suddenly, the music turned off. I darted my eyes away from Noah and watched everyone murmuring in confusion, looking around, and then someone spoke into the mic.

"Hello everyone..." I turned my head towards the stage and my eyes grew big when I saw Jax standing there.

WTF is he doing?

"I'm sorry for disturbing you all during your dance-" everyone booed, "-but I have something important to say, so can I have a minute?"

"Take as much time you want, dude!" Jim yelled from the dance floor, encouraging him. Emily and Kevin looked at me in confusion and I shrugged.

Now I regret not asking Jax about his plan.

"Thanks." He smiled then searched the crowd and his eyes caught mine. "Lexi." I took a sharp inhale as everyone turned their heads toward me. I glanced at them, looking back at Jax in confusion.

What the hell's going on in his thickhead?!

"I know this may sound cheesy and corny to you, but I have something to tell you... I really like you." Everyone gasped, looking back and forth between us. My jaw clenched and I squeezed my hands into fists, glaring at him.

Tell me he's joking!

He jumped down from the stage and strolled towards me. Everyone made way for him, looking at him awestruck as he continued. "It was a coincidence that we met this vacation in Hawai, but I couldn't get you out of my mind." I rolled my eyes, getting annoyed.

I thought he wasn't good at acting, but damn I was wrong!

"And it's been a month that we have been dating." He stood in front of me grinning like a Cheshire cat. "But I want more than that."

"What the f**k are you doing, Jax?" I gritted through my teeth, keeping a smile on my face.

He grinned and got on his knee. A loud gasp echoed around the room of everyone, including mine. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I gaped at him in disbelief.

"F**k." I heard someone muttered from behind and the voice definitely belonged to Kevin.

I gulped and glimpsed around, everyone was watching us with huge smiles on their faces in anticipation. My eyes caught Ivy and Noah standing in the crowd, seeing them together made my blood boil, and without realizing I said.

"Yes." My eyes widened when everyone bounced and cheered in excitement like I said yes to them.

F**k!

I glanced at Jax and saw his eyes lit up and lips spread into a huge grin. He got up and the crowd started chanting.

"KISS... KISS... KISS!"

I groaned, rubbing my forehead as Jax nervously shifted in his place. 

"Come on, dude, kiss her! Be a man!" Jim yelled, making me glare at him.

If it was some other time, I would have been freaking out to kiss him, but now, I wasn't.

"I didn't think this through..." Jax muttered beside me, nervously laughing as he rubbed the back of his neck. I whirled my head towards him and he gave me a guiltily look.

I sighed and gave one last glance at Ivy and Noah before turning towards him again. "It's just a kiss, Jax, not like it'll be my first," I whispered, giving everyone a fake smile. My eyes darted to Emily behind him, and she shook her head, looking at me with her wide eyes. 

"I know that," Jax smirked. "Kevin was your first."

I clenched my jaw at his comment, but he wasn't wrong. Kevin and I were each other's first kiss, and it wasn't a big deal though. Years ago my former friends and I once played Truth or Dare and Ivy dared Kevin to kiss me.